1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Painting the Nose

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bruledrift, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

Just courious on what most of you do when painting the nose. Are you panting after doing the nodules? or are you painting after doing the nodules? I have alway's painted after to cover up the plastic nob look of the mod podge. What is everybody's thoughts?

2. deadwood

deadwood New Member

I paint and then do nodules

3. waynek316

waynek316 Member

Ohio
    i've done both. but now i seem to always paint first then do noules. IMO it gives it depth.

4. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

I paint the lower 1/3rd of the nose pad pink first then paint the upper 2/3rds gray. Then I build me nodules and come back a spray black at sharp angles to color the nodules and let some of the pink and gray show through between the nodules.

5. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Do you have a picture of the results? It sounds like it turns out pretty neat, I am going to have to try that on my next deer

6. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

Whitetail94, that is something like I wanted to try on the deer I have now. But, I am doing the nodules first, then the flesh color on the bottom, wipe the nodules off, then hit the tops and the upper part of the nose with the black/gray color.

7. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

This link is from the tutorials page. Hope this helps. http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,31683.0.html

8. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

Thanks, I've seen that one. I am going to do the same, only air brushing the colors on top of the mod podge, and in-between the nodules.

9. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Guys this is not the best picture but here is one. You can't see that much pink in it.
    [​IMG]
    Michael

10. Go here great detail... I've been doing it this way since last year and love it....

http://home.att.net/~mrs.trout/nose.html