1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

wigeon tongue........

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by duxrus, Feb 7, 2009.

1. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

I know all the who's who bird people of the world are on here so I figured i would ask if anyone has or could make me tongue for a wigeon mount I plan on doing with the Euro I killed this past season. I know you can buy mallard and say teal hard plastic ones from catalogs but really wanted something more realistic. I am not asking for a free hand out and would gladly pay whatever is needed to get something realistic looking. I don't cast anything so I would be lost trying to make one myself. Thanks in advance....Brian
  2. RDA

RDA Active Member

you can meke a very simple cast of the toungue. use acrylic cualking lay a base of cualk down on a plastic bag press the toungue into the bed of cualk then lay a layer over the tounge- using a tool to spread the cualking. after two days, cut a fine line in the cualiking on the bottom side of the tounge, and flush it out with water- the curing action of the cualk eats the protiens in the tounge and it is litterally disolved. then you can use cast-all to pour your custom tounge.... Ive also used bondo to pour the tounges has a nice pink base color to start- just overfill the mold and manipulate the excess out of the cut.... ;)

3. stuffenstuff

stuffenstuff Member

RDA sounds like an easy tutorial for you to do....would be nice. :)
  4. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Thanks for the info. I will have to give it a go.....