1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

power washing after tan

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Jan, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Jan

Jan New Member

Can you power wash a cape after it comes out of the tan? (krowtann)

Jan

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I'm sure you can. Don't know if it would have any hair left if you did, but you can.

Powerwashing is best done on a fresh hide.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

why would you ,,,, I got to ask.

4. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Boy, you guys are tough tonight :-* 8) Power washing is for fleshing before the tan ::) :eek:

5. pm sent

6. Matt

Matt Active Member

Mr. T, do I need to send that picture back to you to cheer you up?(LOL)

7. George

Dead On, that's just rude. If you SENT him a Personal Message over this site, don't you imagine he got it the same time that your post telling him that you'd sent it arrived? If you have something to share, then share it with all of us instead of trying to make it look like we don't know what we're talking about. If you want it private, KEEP IT PRIVATE. Geez, don't you take your ball cap off at the dinner table???

8. ryan9289

ryan9289 New Member

some people dont always look to see that they have new messages George, thats the second time ive seen you post something about it being rude letting someone know they have a message sent to them. if the guy doesnt want to share something with you then big deal, dont call him rude, all he was doing was making sure the guy got the message!!

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Ryan N,,, Message alerts pop up as soon as a person logs on to the site here, there is no reason to advertise that they got mail on a thread. Now if someone asked to have advice SENT to them, thats different.

10. sapper12b

sapper12b Guest

He's not wanting to share with the whole community if he does that. It is rude this is a public forum. The thing is you have people like George, MR. T, Michael P, and Matt to name a few that will give you all the information you want for free and spend there time writing long post and serveral of them about just one topic and when someone like DEAD ON post "PM SENT" to me it says that that he is saying "I got the ideal thing for what you are doing or you think you do but I will just share it with you the person I sent the PM to. Like a slap in the face. And what if it is wrong information? It can't be argued by the professionals on here if they think it's wrong. And if it is something that will work maybe it can teach someone maybe even the older guys on here.

11. George

Ryan, SOME people don't bother to use the SEARCH key or even read the information we post directly to them, so why would you think it's NOT RUDE to do what he did. Remember what the teacher used to tell you when she caught you passing notes in class??? Guess DeadOn didn't learn THAT lesson either.

Sapper12b is correct. I'm ALWAYS open to learning new techniques and hearing about new products.

12. Jan

Jan New Member

I pressure wash before the tan but I wanted to know what would happen if you washed after the tan. It was just a curiosity question.

13. sapper12b

sapper12b Guest

Jan, its not your fault for you question that's what this site is about. Here'e the way I see it when you share a thought or a good idea that doesn't mean you lose it. It doesn't even mean there is any less left for you. As a matter of fact, quite the opposite is true. You can truly be enriched by the thoughts and ideas you share with other people. Share some wisdom with someone else and now two can benefit from it. Even though there was no cost involved for you in sharing it, to the person on the receiving end it could represent a huge value. Like me I don't share a lot about Taxidermy cause I'm a beginner but I'm on the receiving end and it have been a huge value to me.

14. There is an old saying "Curiosity killed the cat, you know." I thought I was being nice not rude. All I told Jan was to take a sharp knife and a fleshing beam or a fleshing wheel and flesh it to where it was needed to be. And not to pressure wash something already tanned. Ya'll are veterans and I'm a newbie...I've been in this 15 months, I've spent about $20,000 in it at this point with classes and my shop. There is a lot to be learned from ya'll, but very little from me. What I had to say privately was not that big. Just being courteous to the question that NOBODY had answered at that point. I have experience in the pressure fleshing method and I gave Jan my opinion.
    And Jan if you want to copy and paste my pm to these guys to satisfy their curiosity, it's alright with me.
    To everyone, I love all.
    George and fellas, forgive me if you think that I was rude, and no I don't take my hat off at the table...LOL.........

15. George

Thank you DeadOn, but just a word of advice. Never, EVER think that because you don't have the years behind you that your advice is not as good or better than some that we dole out. You have a distinct advantage of viewing things with fresh eyes and your opinions are just as valid as any of ours.

16. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I use the "PM sent" when negotiating a price with someone over a sale item. I don't show my cards when buying something.

17. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

Hey new guys. Just a little advice. Ligthen up a little. Until the conversation turns to politics, religion, or sports, take what the taxi.net vets say with a grain of salt and I bet you LEARN a lot from them!

18. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

PM Sent Joe ;) ;D

19. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Pm sent to Scott. you took my bug! ;D

20. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

As long as no one sends any PMS, we are safe ;)