1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

wood duck pair question

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by benboy17, Feb 7, 2009.

1. benboy17

benboy17 New Member

sc
    Ok might be a dumb question but I'm new at this. I am getting ready to mount a wood duck pair with a tree knot. The Hen inside and the Drake on top looking at her. My question is how do you mount the Hen? I'm assuming its not the whole bird just from the front of the breast and up. What do you stuff it with? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks Ben

2. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Here is one I did

[​IMG]

On this one I mounted the whole bird since she would fit since the wood has space behind it, if your knot hole does not allow the room then mount the bird on 1/2 of a mannikin and leave enough skin to over lap so you can glue it around the cut off end. Because YES the customer will look and its professional to do it that way, they still get charged for a whole duck IMO

3. benboy17

benboy17 New Member

sc
    Thanks Jeremy

4. if you can mount the drake looking down at the hen that looks nice

5. BeckyBird

BeckyBird My Baby Bluebirds

I like that one Jeremy. Where did you get the knothole?

6. I like the mount when the hen looks like she is nesting and the drake is standing on a limb right beside her, great mount

7. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

The customer found that, its kinda funny it was allot bigger when they drug it in, I had quite a bit of modifications to get it down to that...LOL

8. it sure does look nice couldnt tell you modified it from the picture