1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Finsihed pics of 4th deer

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by D.W.M., Feb 8, 2009.

1. D.W.M.

D.W.M. New Member

Well I finished my fourth deer I am not 100 % happy with it. I think I know I can do better. I wanted to start on number 5 soon but I have everything on hold as I was told friday I may be getting laid off tommorow :-\

2. Im no pro but I think he looks goods. Hope mine turns out like that. I also really hope you aint gettin laid off, its really rough trying to find a job now.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I think your on the right track Dave, you got the basics down, you just need some fine tuning.

4. otis

otis New Member

NICE LOOKING MOUNT. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOB THAT STUFF JUST PEAS ME OFF EVERTIME I HERE ABOUT LAYOFFS.

5. Tenbears

Tenbears Member

I am not finding fault with your work. Not even looking, overall it look pleasing. However I would not put too much stock in the critique you get here. As one fellow stated many viewers are no pros. and although kind words of encouragement can spur one onward to greater achievements. the reality of it is even a professional Judge cannot get a true prospective of the work from photos. you would have to provide 100 of them. And they may not depict the actual subject properly. I STRONGLY advise you to join your local NTA chapter. and attend conventions. even at the beginner level. the critiques of a judge who is well versed in the industry can be an invaluable too to becoming a great Taxidermist.

Keep up the good work, and good luck in your endeavors

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

See Dave? What did I tell you,,,, didn't I say the same thing a while back? Are you registered for the show yet? ;D ;)