1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Guessing game, who will be the winner

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by ryan9289, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ryan9289

ryan9289 New Member

are you kidding me? THREE INCHES! I actually made it look better, if i would have taken a picture of the way the rack looked before and posted it on here saying how does this rack look, and i guarentee that EVERYONE would have said "the rack is layed down to much, needs to be tilted up" even you Dean if you would have seen it, so dont hit me with the i screwed it up, its my fault bull.
    no one would have ever said anything about the rack, because it DOES look better than it did, all i did was tighten down the two screws in the front some, not really moving the base of the antlers too far from the position they were in to start with!

2. rebel

rebel New Member

your crazy it mad it worse and look unnatural

3. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Member

If they charged $400 for that, I am getting ripped off for the ones I'm putting out. Son of a B$#^. They didn't even do fix the form on the top of the nose. You can see that it is not level.

4. ryan9289

ryan9289 New Member

so if he would have mounted it with the rack like it is now how much should i have paid for it!?!

5. Dean

Dean New Member

" i screwed it up, it's my fault" That was written by you Ryan and not me. I don't see where I wrote that? I said you altered and changed the look. If you alter things and changed the look you can't blame the taxidermist that mounted it then ask us if you got screwed on the price. That's like running a key down the side of a freshly painted car and blaming the body shop for a bad paint job.

6. ryan9289

ryan9289 New Member

no one answered my question.....so now that we have made some points about the deer looking un-natural, (rebel) and the nose is crooked(bruledrift) and then dean you say "The first thing that stood out to me was the high antler position and the earbutts and the way the ears are positioned. Now I know why they are off. " (dean) i didnt change the antler position, i said that so that someone would find something wrong with it...now its all adding up...nobody before said it looked un-natural or what you said dean...

How much is the deer worth? was over 400 too much?

7. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

my guess what you paid $425 I have seen work like that at the least being $350 around my area for commercial hobbiest.

8. Dean

Dean New Member

The way it is now? It's not fair to even ask what it's worth after it's been changed. Now that it looks different, a few may like it, others that know and study deer may tell you something you may not like. I said earlier there are to many other factors that determine what someone should or would pay for the job. If you're happy with the way it looks now , That's all that should matter.

9. ryan9289

ryan9289 New Member

read my last post....i didnt change the deer, Dean.
    i said i changed it so that someone would find something wrong with it.....maybe nobody has taken as many psychology classes in college as i have lol..
    theres about a 86.8% chance that rebel would have never said anything about my deer looking un-natural if i hadnt said what i did....sorry for getting to numbers here but its the truth, its the way most peoples brain works

10. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Member

To answer your question, yes, 400 was too much.

11. ryan9289

ryan9289 New Member

thank you bruledrift.

12. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

SO basically you have come in here and lied to people to invoke a response......

13. Dean

Dean New Member

No. $400 was not to much. I've seen much worse from guys that charge more. If you go back and read everything I wrote again you'll see that I agreed with Rick. It was an ABOVE AVERAGE job compared to a lot of things I see. Yes the antlers are off no matter who mounted it. I still have the same opinion about the mount as before. I do have a different one about you Ryan. It's a commercial piece it won't be perfect. There's going to be problems. I see problems on blue ribbon master mounts in competition. They aren't perfect either. Why do you think there are different colored ribbons given out. Wouldn't it have been easier to ask for a critique on the mount instead of making yourself look like a fool? By the way, people that lie to me really lose any respect I have for them. You asked us a question, I gave you an honest opinion to what I felt was right. There were to many unknowns to give you a straight answer. Yes I could have thrown out a number, but it would be meaningless, unless I know what the prices are in your area. Then you lie to everyone on the forum to try to prove something? What was it?

14. rebel

rebel New Member

we are arguing with a guy who charges $200 for a shoulder mount

15. ryan9289

ryan9289 New Member

yes i know it prob wasnt a good idea to say that, but still, now i know a couple more things that i didnt before, like the rack is not setting right, and the nose isnt straight, it's a technique we use in school so i figured id give it a try, for instance i showed a picture of a deer that had been drawn by someone and said "i found this on the internet and it looks terrible" the whole class agreed and we discussed how dumb it was, Then i showed the picture to a differnt group of people and said i drew this but what responses did i get? "looks good" "thats a cool picture" and so on.....do you see where im coming from? Its wayyyyyy to difficult to explain and i know its not for taxidermy but it works believe it or not......im not trying to be a liar and make people feel dumb, trust me im not the type of guy that shoots at a spike and misses then tells my buddies that i shot a 150 inch deer but missed it...

do you see where im coming from at all dean?

16. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

DAMN! I'll bet his work is worth every penny too. LOL I wish I had guys charging over $400 for mounts like that in my area ;)

17. ryan9289

ryan9289 New Member

rebel doesnt know what hes talking about, as his last two posts show.....he likes to assume..

18. Dean

Dean New Member

If you would have asked for a critique on the mount from us you would have gotten more honest opinions than you would wanted. When you lied to us you looked like the fool and not us. Technique, that's the new name for lie? I thought the new way to say lie was " change". Keep going to school it seems like Psychology and Taxidermy aren't going to be good career choices for you.

19. ryan9289

ryan9289 New Member

how do you not understand that its a method of getting response? ??? i cant explain that any better...are you upset because it actually worked? were you going to tell me that the rack was offset and the ears were not right?.....

20. Dean

Dean New Member

I understand the method used you don't need to try to explain it any more. Honesty is a better for a responce if asked. If you got the responce you wanted then great. I see liberalism is still going strong and well in the colleges classes today. It seems more like what you were attempting to do backfired on you. Look back on any critiques posted and you will see what honesty opinions are. Change your major, you're not that good at psychology unless you can use it and go into politics. Politicians make great liars.