1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Calico Buck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jp_hunter, Feb 11, 2009.

1. jp_hunter

jp_hunter New Member

I don't know if you guys have seen these, but this is an awesome buck and I knew you would appreciate the rarity of it. Story goes this buck was shot in Wisconsin. I don't know the hunters name, Cabelas is said to have bought the deer for $13,000.00.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

John

2. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

That is a great looking deer. I don't think I would have sold it, if it were mine. Thanks for sharing with us.

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

Definantely not for 13 grand.

4. hidvalltax

hidvalltax Dont travel faster than your guardian angel can go

Seen that pic last year seems to be floating around and not from WI

5. otis

otis New Member

yea this one was on here awhile back . that is a pretty deer. i believe it would take more that 13 g's for me to part with.

6. crossbuck

crossbuck New Member

No way I could part with it!!! Not unless I got a gojillion dollars.....then maybe I'd cave. LOL. ;D

7. It would take more than 13k for me to part with it.

8. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

Sandy I believe you are right that deer was definetlly not taken in wisconsin you can tell by the lack of beer cans in the pics,but it does look like the cows they have there maybe the deers parents were....hmmmm that would take place only in wisconsin

9. JAGibson

JAGibson New Member

I remember this deer was on here a while back and people were wondering where the bullet or arrow holes were....how was it killed? some scetchy details on this buck! Awsome deer regaurdless.

10. jp_hunter

jp_hunter New Member

On the one picture it looks like there is a hole on the front of his neck. I guess other rumors have this buck coming from Texas. Regardless, it is just an awesome animal.

11. Isnt it illegal to shoot fair chase albino or piebald deer in Wisconsin?I wish it were my buck..
    Arrowed1

12. Kevin W.

Kevin W. New Member

I could be wrong, but I think as long as the deer is not predominantly white it is fair game.

13. Taxidermyrocks

Taxidermyrocks New Member

Yes Kevin you are right. As long as it isnt true albino it is legal to harvest