1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My first squirrel

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by trapperguy, Feb 16, 2009.

1. trapperguy

trapperguy New Member

This is my first mount. This is a Van Dykes kit. I'm 11 years old. How can i improve next time?
    Dylan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kevin AL

Kevin AL New Member

Your picture didn't post. Try again.

3. moongast01

moongast01 My first love is God my second is My Wife....

Your 11 years old and that is your first Mount,Not to bad I do see somethings Like the toes need to grab into the tree and the mouth and nose find you some referance pics of squirrels and keep them with you as you mount and look at the face and toes.

4. trapperguy

trapperguy New Member

thanks for the advice
    dylan

5. crawdad

crawdad New Member

not bad good job

6. reference, reference, reference.

7. good job

8. trapperguy .excellent job, keep doing taxidermy your a tallented kid, like the others said gather and study referance.youll do well.

9. Jome

Jome New Member

Looks good for the first

10. samantha

samantha New Member

Keep up the good work.

11. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Nice. I ABSOLUTELY love to see youngsters getting into taxidermy. For your first you did a great job.

12. Jesse H

Jesse H New Member

good job, ;D

13. muscle20

muscle20 New Member

Good job Dylan for getting your first done. the way that you can improve is by studying reference pics. or studying live sguirrels and mounting more of them. I was the same age as you when I mounted my first squirrel .

14. OutbackJack

OutbackJack Member

PA
    looks good buddy. Next time try the glass bubble eyes. They really look nice and they are recommended. Keep up the good work and you are well on your way!!!

15. noobietaxi

noobietaxi Nothing like the CRACK of a .22!!!!

Awesome! Im 14 and just started this year, my 1st is back like 4 pages. As outback said the bubble glass eyes are easy. good job for 1st, mouth needed a little more tweeking but still good.