1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Havel's scalpel blades buy one get one free

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by mjsandt, Feb 17, 2009.

1. mjsandt

mjsandt New Member

I just bought blades from www.havels.com buy one box get one free. I bought 4 boxes for about $22. each, I will get 8 boxes of 100 blades for around $100. Thought I would share if you are not already aware. ( same blades are $28 per 100 at McKenzies )

2. rcorb78

rcorb78 Screw a Farmer, Everybody else does!

Thanks for the heads up, I just stocked up. Thanks again. Royce

3. hessey

hessey New Member

Have you ever tried buying blades off eBay? I just bought a new box of 100 blades (#21) for $9 ( that includes shipping). I get them from a surgical instrument company that has an eBay store. If you look around you can find some really good deals.

4. TomCat

TomCat Tommy B. <(((><

i was getting low on # 10's good timing been waiting on this sale
    thanks

5. strutinh

strutinh Member

Has anyone tried any of the other, stainless, carbon etc,? I use the # 22 carbon from Mc. this a deal you can,t pass up ! thanks Scott

6. I always buy direct from Havels, they also do net 30 billing which is nice. I tried one box from ebay and I still have about 80 of the hundred, they suck. You get what you pay for. I only use them when I have to cut paper or something very soft and they still go dull very quickly.

7. cbrown

cbrown New Member

The blades Ive bought off Ebay are nowhere near the quality of havels blades. They break very easy and will not hold an edge for very long. I only use the ebay blades to skin deer at hunting camp.

8. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

Anyone have their information? I got a letter in the mail from them and can't find it. I need to get some new blades.

9. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

With every box of Havel's brand surgical blades you order between now and March 31, 2009, you will receive one box FREE! Due to the limitations of the web, we are not able to mix and match per your preference. If you want to order one size and get another size free, you must call us at 1-800-638-4770 during normal business hours EST.

When ordering, enter only the quantity of boxes you want to pay for; your free boxes will not show in "Quantity" or at checkout. However, your free boxes will automatically be included in your shipment. There is nothing you need to do. Simply order what you want to buy and you will receive an equal amount free with your shipment!

10. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

I forget what the box says and dont have it anymore (mckenzie ones) so which ones on the website are the same ones at mckenzie? Thanks WCL

11. mjsandt

mjsandt New Member

WCL, I usually use the 21 or 22 in the carbon steel, thats for a #4 handle, but every one uses different ones

12. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

O woops I ment to say I use the #22s. Just found the package and they are carbon non-sterile. WCL

13. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

I just ordered some sergical Blades from Havel's. I ordered some blades through McKenzie 2 times and I always got blades in a green and silver colored wrappers. I am not sure if they were Havel's or not but the blades SUCKED. They would not stay sharp. Especially when I was detailing tanned capes. Maybe they have changed in the year since I ordered blades from them.

I have always bought mine from WASCO. They are the "Havel's Carbon Blades Non-Sterile". They are a lot better than what i was getting at McKenzie.

14. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

McKenzie sells Havel's.

15. python12

python12 Member

what seems to be everyones preference,
    carbon or stainless??

16. I have been using the carbon for years and they do just fine. When you take advantage of the buy 1 get 1 it works out to $.11 per blade.