1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

just an opservation

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Lee V, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Lee V

Lee V New Member

Now i know this will rub some people the wrong way but here goes this is just an observation on my part. but reading this forum every day and it seems to me that people have more problems with tanning than DP I mean with salting pickling neutralizing PHing and all that stuff. Then there is the old DP that you never here about any problem with just every body saying not to use. I am just saying sure seems a whole lot easier and to me the end result should be the same. I know some people are going to say tan looks better but i really don`t think they could tell the difference
  2. Tom Parish

Tom Parish New Member

You are right about the DP, wrong on the difficulty of the tan. It has been "my" observation that most people cant follow instructions.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Everything has a trade off. Tans may seem more difficult because there are so many different ones while DP is DP regardless of who makes it. Talc, borax, and alum in most, but still basic components. The art in the mount may be more readily discernable than the product used to get it that way, but DP USUALLY has some long term problems with membranes cracking as it continues to dry. Still, there's no pat answer to your theory.
  4. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

nice picture of george
  5. DUKE

i thought that was a picture of a DP mount that he was describing.LOL sorry GEORGE had to do it
  6. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

ROFLMAO Cold blooded.