1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Base and land scape

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by tschuppan, Feb 19, 2009.

1. tschuppan

tschuppan New Member

I just wanted to throw a picture of the second cabinet and landscape scene i have ever done in this area to see what you guys think of the land scape. I welcome your comments

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

It doesn't look bad from what I can see. The only thing I would do different is maybe add something green.
    Can you post a close up of the base?

3. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

heres some composition tips.. The bush/limbs are evenly spaced around he animal which creates a visual boxing in of it......Normally pedastals will have much better flow if the tall vegatation iis on one side....Also the base seems very large for a single pedastal animal.... Maybe a bird in the scene would use some of the negative space which dominates the scene...

4. tschuppan

tschuppan New Member

I thank you guys for your help.This was a stag shot in Texas and the guy said the only thing that was green was the cactus but I can't find any cactus that doesn't look cheap and very fake. I think it needs a little color just can't figure out were to get it at. As far as the base should it be shorter or just in general smaller all around. So when I do my next one. Once again I appreciate the help thats the only way I get to learn.

5. tschuppan

tschuppan New Member

I made a couple of changes and just wanted your guys thoughts on them. Better or worse I also wanted to say thank you to the people that are willing to give there input it helps alot

6. Sorry, Kerby if I am wrong............. but check with Kerby Ross. I believe he made up some catus casts, and they look nice. Just need some artistic paint. I think it looks nice.

7. Here you go................... http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,131249.0.html

8. Head Hunter

Head Hunter Member

The ground has a mono look. I have coated my bases with hide paste and covered with a mixture of local soil/ potting soil/ and pea gravel. Then add some larger rocks . A piece of wood of some sort may also help. You have to be careful not to get too buisy with too many things as this may take away from the mount itself. The base need to be varied in textures and colors!!