1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week 21

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week 21

A big Warm Welcome from Hinsdale New Hampshire!!! Huge thank you to Chad See for a most admirable job stepping in and stepping up to continue the coolest String on the WASCO site! I most recently spent a week in Minnesota as I was hired to teach some fish painting to a group of fun guys at Lake Country replicas. I don’t teach a lot of off site workshops however such large groups need to be done at their facility. I got to first hand the many different fish that go out the doors at Lake Country.

This week I look at the week in fish pictures and I realize that there are several folks that I have had the opportunity to work with and train at different times in the past 19 year of teaching. Some have gone on to be World and National champions and some to win best of show or blue ribbons at the state levels all of which are nothing short of their own hard work and ability! I mention this for one reason only that when I see the work that many of you do it is a reminder for me and hopefully to all that once a person make s a commitment to them selves to pursuit some thing with training, teaching, practice, trial and error... the end result is a better fish and most satisfying rewards to know that a passion and hard work do lead to new heights in ones own satisfaction. Never be satisfied with what your doing today because there are many more doors to walk through be fore it is all said and done. I see so much wonderful work week in and week out and 25 years ago you may see one or tow great works of fish art however today some folks can learn and apply in there skills through hard work and achieve a great looking fish in no time! It is a wonderful time we live in as far as being in taxidermy! Enjoy it, work hard and always be passionate in your pursuit for more knowledge!

So many Talented and gifted fish artists come here each and every week and share with us their passion and inspiration we all can use to motivate us to the next level of satisfaction and success!

Let’s start of the week recognizing those who shared their wonderful work with all of us!

Chad See Striper!!! Huge thank you my friend and most talented Anglers Family member! You have a great gift Chad and you are a great guy too! Don’t forget that my friend!

Andy's Taxidermy Crappie!!! Second attempt you say! WOW I find the more I look the more talent I see out there! Well done Andy!!!

Travis Jones!!! Gifted would be a weak attempt to describe your recently pursuit of a talent which God has blessed you with! So proud I am of the diligence and time you apply to what you have learned to create some of the very best fish out there period! A friend, and fellow Family member and a great guy as well! Outstanding!!!!

Gary Bruch!!! What a wonderful Bass Love the Black flat background to the root display Black is always dramatic in presentation! Your accomplishments are a true testimony to your pursuits to a better fish.

WildBill!!!! Great Perch my friend! Well done scale detail and very nice detail on the fins as well! Way to go!

Jemmick!! Jonathan Well done Brown! You have captures the softness of the body coloration! Love the nice fin work too! Super!

Fish-Man-Dan!!! Love the big metal heads! Great work on your steelie!!! Welcome back too!

Scott Buzzell and Terry Weick!!! Terry thank you so much for sharing what it is we do! The Passing on of the Tradition of taxidermy is alive and well with you Terry! Scott a great Perch for your workshop! Outstanding I can’t wait to see you do more work and share with us your strides as you get in to the fish work! Congratulations Scott!

Scrubby!!! Way cool chase Sean!!! That is nature at its more fierce! Love the display of the big Muskie!

Fishworship!!! As a fellow student in the discipline of Fisheries Biology it is devastating clear that you took your passion and wrapped it around the fundamental understanding of not only Kinesiology of Fish but the love of all things scaled to produce awesome of the very best fish art out there period! KJ Outstanding works of art you share with us!

UFD!!! Uncle Dave now you have found a Buss that looks Just like King!!! If any one knew that you have this nearly unbelievable ability to get fish to hold still long enough on your shop wall for you to take a picture that would blow them way more then your fish work! Big thank you on the Genus Classification emergency work while I was in MN for the Cyclopteridae family member! I know who to call in the pinch! Breathtaking King Dave!!!!

waynek316!!! Cool Blue gill display!!! Way to go! Love to see more work! Welcome!

Wild Brookies!!! A super Palomino!! Very soft colors and a very nice display! Beautiful work!

Monty Artrip!! No words could every accurately express the feeling of joy and pride I have for you! You are not only a talented member of the Anglers Artistry family but you are one of the folks I consistently mention and point to as the epidemy of hard work and commitment to one self! Your hard work has paid off again for you Monty!!! It is an honor to be chosen as one that created a beautiful piece of art in the way of a fish and has it as the top work of the show! WAY TO GO MONTY!!!!! Thank you also for the kind and thoughtful words it mean more to me then you know! Congratulations!

Brian Claar!!! Brian very nice Walleye! I also enjoy your picture of you and your son! It is all about sharing wit the kinds! My daughter loves to fish as well! Great work Brian!

CarlScroggins!!! Carl it was great to be able to talk to you and get to know you I really love your carvings! Beautiful displays for back then today and tomorrow! Love to see more work for you great work!

Wishbone!!! Steven super nice perch I really love what you have accomplished with you’re barring and the softness of the body color! Way to go!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!
    A great week Fishheads!!!!!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I want to start this week off with a special mention of congratulation to Mr. Monty Artrip of Bunker Hill Indiana for his accomplishments recently at the Indian Taxidermy association Annual convention! Way to go Monty!

This week I want to share a picture of a larger group class from the 3 day workshop At Lake Country Replicas in Minnesota. The 8 gentleman whom participated most of which never did any taxidermy at all but 2 have ever tried to paint a fish so for 3 days they had Fish Boot camp! The group completed 16 fish in this time and I want o share some of the pictures of this event workshop.

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!
    So with out further ado let's get week #21 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! #21 Enjoy!

My Best!
    Your Friend

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale, New Hampshire 03451
    Office: 603-336-7296
    Web: www.anglersartistry.com

Here is the group working on Smallmouth Bass!

[​IMG]

Here is the group doing some group paint work!

[​IMG]

The Smallie in the early stages.

[​IMG]

Having fun working on walleyes!

[​IMG]

Hard at work deep focus on the walleyes!

[​IMG]

Getting closer to being finished!

[​IMG]

A big group shot of the Smallie's!

[​IMG]

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale, New Hampshire 03451
    Office: 603-336-7296
    Web: www.anglersartistry.com

2. of

of New Member

Hello everybody,
    looks like a lot of fun in the workshop to me.
    My contribution for this week is a replica brown trout that I made for display when customers come to the shop.
    Everybody have a great week!

Greetings from Germany

Oliver

3. of

of New Member

more

4. of

of New Member

another one

5. of

of New Member

...and the last one

6. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan New Member

13 lb. Sheepshead............

7. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan New Member

Volitan Lionfish

8. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Thanks for sharing Rick.

9. bassnbuck

bassnbuck better late than never

awesome fish so far...Capt Bryan you nailed the sheepie and the lionfish looks great...cool fish

10. rp

rp Member

Hi there all fellow fishheads. Just want to say that the fish on here seem to get better every week. Keeps us simple folk trying to improve on our own work.

Rick it looks like u had alot of fun that side. Oliver F that is one nice looking German brown. Capt Bryan, I love that sheephead and that lionfish is really one neat looking fishy.

Every time I come on here I learn something new, so thanks to all ur contributions.

Regards
    Rian Potgieter
    Angler's Pride Reproductions
    South Africa

11. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Nice fishes guys!

My porbeagle shark is finally completed. Actually it´s only headmount, or more closely front quarter. And it will soon be hung in local supermarkets wall. This is my personal custom cast/mold. And my very first shark. Real teeth of course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Rick,
    Thanks for posting pics from the workshop you did in Minnesota. (Lake Co. Replicas)
    It reminded me of the one you did in Erie, PA. at Paul C. Studio...a good time, lot of work and learning !
    As a last minute thought, I took this pic of a Cutbow that I am shipping today, to a customer in Washington State..

13. Clete

Clete The A-10. My kind of warthog

Great looking week so far. Oliver I love the brown! I just started getting into my customer fish for the year and this is the first one out the door. A young boy's first pike---skin mount.

14. bluetaxi69

bluetaxi69 New Member

reallly awsome mounts. great work you guys

15. dougp

dougp Active Member

SHEEESH! Great start!
    Great workshop pics! Looks like everybody had a good time, eh ;D ;D
    Oliver, your brown trout is beautiful!!
    Bryan, always top quality! Lionfish is super!! :eek:

PercFluv.....very cool shark, a real head turner :eek:
    Dondi very nice!
    Clete, nice, I love pike

Well, here's a simple largemouth skin mount just finished.

16. dougp

dougp Active Member

Customer walleye skin mount.........

17. dougp

dougp Active Member

One more........

18. wishbone

wishbone New Member

^the walleye is sweet!

perch trio
    [​IMG]

and redid the painting on my 3 walleye

[​IMG]

19. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Very nice offerings this week so far.
    Oliver F. that is one of the nicest Browns I have ever seen.

I have a 28" Brown Trout(custom mold/cast) pedestal. The fish was from Oak Orchard River here in WNY.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    What a start of the week!!!!! Many nice fish. Oliver F. and Rich beautiful trouts !! ::) Ollie