1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week 21

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 20, 2009.

1. of

of New Member

Thank´s for the kind words.
    Angling Artisan, I would say your brown is one of the best I´ve ever seen. I love it!!!
    DougP, outstanding mounts!

2. hlh

hlh Member

First time posting. Customer skin mount from Kentucky Lake, very little bar pattern. Herb.

3. So many NICE fish this week. I love the browns...WOW!
    DoudP....your the bomb!! Every fish from specie to specie is just SO well done.

4. WOW WOW WOW!

Nice work everyone!!

I love this thread, I really do.
    No pressure show and tell.
    Its just such fun to see what other people are doing, very inspirational!

Well here is a rarity for me.
    A WALLEYE! that right not a carp ;) and a skin mount, AND open mouth and flared gills. LOL
    I hardly do open mouth fish since most of my customers like my closed mouth fish so this was actually a neat change.

And of all the game fish I think I enoy doing walleye more then any others. I love the thick fleshy areas on the mouth and those big eyes.

This is a 31" walleye, custom molded head, carved form, and custom acrylic eye.

Here is a side view

[​IMG]

a Head shot, here you can see the lens of the eye just catching the light.

[​IMG]

A close up of the eye.(may favorite part on these fish)

[​IMG]

And a blacked out background. I think this picture shows of the flow better.

[​IMG]

After this week its back to the odd ball fish. lol

I cant wait to see what people post next!
    Post peoples POST!

5. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Josh, had to comment on your walleye. Not many folks' fish get better the closer you get to them. Yours sure does. BRAVO to you!

6. bassnbuck

bassnbuck better late than never

i agree that third pic looks like hes puttin a reference picture in there ;D great job

7. MAN WHAT A WEEK!!!!!!!

Rick looks like you had your hands full last week. LOL Thanks for the comments by the way. I would be no where without you man. ;)

Oliver!!!!! Holy crap what a brown man!!! That dude is sweet!!!!!

Josh, man another boring walleye huh? Your crazy with those things. Thats a kick a$$ eye too.

Doug.... well I say it every week, YOU DA MAN!!!!

Well here's another bass. I've had a case of bass-itis lately. LOL They come in spells it seems and still one more to go. Here's a little 15" custom molded bass with a customer requested chase scene. Once again i used Jeff's eyes.
    [​IMG]
    Close up
    [​IMG]
    Another angle
    [​IMG]

Great week so far guys keep em coming!!!!!

8. akairman

akairman New Member

still no fish, but as soon as i get the PVA and the gellcoat in the mail, its game on. for now i'll post a picture of my first semi-successful mold. could be alot better, but i learned a ton from this one, and i'm sure the next one will be better

here it is
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. hi all, this is my first time posting in twifp....I just wanted to share my 4th or 5th smallie...my mind is drawing a blank on how many I have acually done..lol, anyway, this one was hand painted with a brush using acrylic paints and pearl ex powders, and then I did a final tipping with liquid scales, I know that it is no where near all of your guys level but I finally came up with a smallie paint scheme that I think I am happy with and wanted to share.

10. another angle

11. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    very nice everyone!

12. Nice mounts everyone! Rich...killer brown. Here's my contribution this week.

13. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I usually only look and don't comment in this section but I have to say there are some killer walleye this week.

14. wildlife

wildlife Member

Here mine for the week a different colored cutthrout then the usual silver phase look here in Utah

15. Some really great fish this week !
    DougP- Your Walleye is very impressive! Great Detail and action in the pose..

This week I have completed a 21" Brown from my molds..

16. Another view..

17. last one..

18. Manny

Manny New Member

Great mouth interior Dondi !

19. UFD

UFD New Member

Absolute stellar examples of fish taxidermy this week, everyone!!! :eek: I'd hang any one of them on my wall (or set them on my table).

Here is another Steelhead, this time a fish with some color. It's a skin mount about 22 lbs:

20. UFD

UFD New Member

Side view...