1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week 21

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 20, 2009.

1. UFD

UFD New Member

Quartering shot...

2. UFD

UFD New Member

Cheek close-up...

3. Uncle Dave.... One of these days your gonna learn to paint fish. ::) ;D :eek:

4. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

Dave, I can remember (50 years ago-LOL) a high school coach saying "The best team in school is walking the halls." His intent was to mean that the best athletes in school didn't compete. Over many years as a school teacher I found that he was almost always right! That said, I know you don't compete but I doubt there is ONE among us who doubts that you are one of the best fish taxidermists on earth. When your colleagues can get up close enough to put their noses on the gloss and the fish STILL looks alive, you have replicated reality. That's the greatest compliment I could possibly give a fish and the man who did it. ;D

5. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

DITTO and ditto again. Dave you rock. Everytime I see your work, it just pushes me even more on my next one. Thanks for sharing.

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I'm just gonna...........

I'm going to make just one WOW post and then COPY it EVERY time UFD makes a POST of one of his fish! ! ! ! !

:)

Kerby...

7. RDA

RDA Active Member

shooot Kerby its just ANOTHER LIVE FISH photo shopped to that same ol wall...... ;D ;D good grief...... :eek:

8. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

MR Steelhead strikes again!!!! lol

9. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Dave, you get an Attaboy, for that one. Nothing short of your usual. Great , GREAT work from all of you guys that posted fish. One of these days, I swear, I will get a fish done.

Inspirational as always,
    Jimmy

10. Natures Art

Natures Art Gone Fishin!!!

WOW!!! Each week is better than the last.
    Another week of truly beautiful Fish work.
    UFD...........Awesome!!!! I look at your work and just shake my head.

For my contribution for this week, I'll add to the Brown Trout collection.
    Here I have a customer fish, skin mount, custom cast head, carved body.
    This fish was caught through the ice from the Kewaunee River last winter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. UFD

UFD New Member

Thanks - Travis, Doug S, Jeff S, Jeff L, Kerby, Ron, Gus, Jimmy, and N.A.T.S., and I'm glad that you liked the Steelhead! :)

Doug (Perca), those are some very nice words that you wrote and I really appreciate the sentiment. :-[

12. Redfish with Jeff's eyes. The eyes really helped, the pupil of a redfish is different than a stock eye as far as I could find.

13. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Soooooo many inspirational fish this wk !!! thought twice about posting this but as a result of this site I can say it's better than my work from last year and hopefully it will contingue to improve !!???!!! Small stream brown (15 in.skinny) . Skin mt./carved body/custom molded hd and Jeffs eyes ( I like em better every time I use em) and some liquid scales.
    Regards,
    Jonathan

14. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

WOW - I haven't really visited TWIFP's lately, but I'm glad I took the time to quickly take a peek this week!!! A LOT of beautiful stuff this week! No time to comment on all of them, but I do have to comment on 3 standouts. Dave - as usual your Steelhead is OFF THE CHARTS!!! Rich, your Brown Trout also as usual is in the AWESOME category. And lastly, DougP - you are THE king of skin mounts! That walleye is one of the nicest I've ever seen!!! Beautiful coloring! (And the LM Bass ain't too shabby either - lol!) Great work folks!!!

15. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Here is a picture of a Largemouth and a Kentucky Spotted Bass I completed.
    Todd B

16. Twiggy...I admire your passion for the art of taxidermy. Great job on that smallie. I'm proud of you.

17. thanks marc! that really means alot to me ;D
    and thanks jeff for the nice comment!!

18. Heres a crappie I did for a friend of mine ,who gives me fish all the time..

19. Great fish everyone!
    I finally made it back with one. After about 60 deer!

13" Hybrid Bluegil! ;D