1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wolf with Nite eyes.

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Don Jahner, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Don Jahner

Don Jahner Well-Known Member

Mount by Dale Madl, Madls Taxidermy.
    [​IMG]

2. Don Jahner

[​IMG]

3. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Nice Face!!

4. ed150

ed150 deer city time

sweet

5. juniper

juniper Active Member

awesome

6. wonder if they have Nite Eyes for coyotes?

7. Don Jahner

elkhunter, im not really positive, but I think both WASCO and Van Dyke's carry them, pretty sure i've seen them in coyote, red fox, bobcat, baboon, grey fox, lynx and cougar. I think they look pretty cool and just might try them sometime. LOL

8. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Not shure about WASCO but I know for sure Van Dykes has them

9. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I guess I'm goofy, I think they look ridiculous.

10. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

oh the eyes,, yeah they do look rediculous nice face though... :D

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

agreed

12. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

I've heard of these...a battery or something leads to bulbs behind the eyes? I'd like to see pictures with them turned off if that's the case...then make a decision as to whether or not I like them.

It'd be neat to have a totally dark room...then switch off & on the eyes...like it blinked...folks would have a conniption!

WASCO carries them...I looked...Don...you're an ornery one! LOL

13. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

They do come in coyote also.

http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/product/85001100/coyote-nite-eyes

14. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

Don...please correct me if I'm wrong, (since you designed them) but don't the night eyes go behind any kind of glass eye? Is there a way to change the color of the LED before you put them in the manniken? They look like fun. Thank you. ;)

15. akcattrapper

akcattrapper I fish, hunt , do taxidermy AND-- I am a woman!

The nite eyes do go behind the eyes and they look the same as any other when they are not on--when not on you would never know they were there at all. thanks Don! my hubby Dale is proud of this one. They don't have to be on all the time, but they do scare the POO out of somebody in a dimly lit room if unaware! Guaranteed! Everyone is entitled to their opinion i guess. I will post a pic without them on and in a dim room later on.

16. Don Jahner

Tracee, It sure is a nice one, did Dale trap this wolf himself, always enjoy seeing your and his work. Don.

17. akcattrapper

yes it was actually the first he trapped himself in Alaska. He will be heading home to Alaska next month to get all prepped for bears.
    Honestly we have had nothing but good response from the nite eyes. The first snarliong coyote Dale mounted with the nite eyes scared the daylights out of my daughter and her girlfriend. They came bebopping into the den and the lights were off and they took one look at the coyote and screamed. It was completely unintentional. We were in the other room and forgot they were on, but man we laughed our socks off over that one!

18. I showed my dad those pics and now he wants me to use those eyes on the coyote I'm doing for him, so I guess I'm giving them a try!!!

In a dim room, I think they would probably look supernatural.

19. akcattrapper

Here you go Lisa M here are some eye shots of off and on and in a dark room. I can't get good ones in a totally dark room though. As you can see, you can't tell the difference if they are not on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hey Deputy Stew good luck on the coyote and here's a big RASBERRY for the rest of you guys afraid of something new and different!! ::) Maybe it's a redneck thing, oh well, if the shoe fits right? LOL!

20. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

well I do like the top pic on the off function guess im too old school..LOL!! :D NICE face though!! ;)