1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

$23.50 Bobcat Eyes!!!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Head Hunter, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Head Hunter

Head Hunter Member

I just recieved a couple of pair of Bobcat eyes that had been backordered. These are the ones with wide pupils. $23.50 for each pair-WOW. I geuss I should have looked at the catalogue more closely- what do you guys think- thats twice as much as a GOOD set of whitetail eyes? I like the eyes, but I only know of this one supplier that carries them-anybody know of anyone else?

2. MR.Ed

MR.Ed New Member

Yea isn't that great How they do the shipping charge if it is backordered! I ordered a bunch of eyes and othere things. One of the reproduction skulls along with the other stuff. The reproduction head was back ordered so they charged me an additional $10 to ship that seperately.

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Yup, they are high, but they do look nice. Until you find me a suitable replacement, I'll have to keep spendin the $$$.

4. buckjunkie

buckjunkie New Member

what kind of eyes are they? what would be a good choice in a less expensive eye for bobcats?

5. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Your customer is footing the bill...remember our price war posts? NOOOOWWWW you know why we all chimed in! Hopefully you guys charged for it, Im sure Cole does. These rising prices do suck, I just hope the quality remains!

6. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Ordered a 6.99 duck head with some other stuff. Turned out it was on backorder. When it came it cost me an additional 7.05 for shipping. Had I known that, I'd have casted the damn thing. When the shipping is equal or higher than the product itself, they should call and ask if you still want it. Next time I order anything, I'm going to tell them to cancel any item that might be on backorder, I'll reorder it later. They did not need to send it UPS in a big box, it could've been stuck in a padded envelop and mailed USPS for a lot cheaper.

7. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Who is "They"? ;D I payed $9.75 a pair for bobcat eyes yesterday with NO shipping at all. ::) My bobcats will continue to have slit pupils unless the customer insist on those souped up round ones :D

8. AUplantman

AUplantman New Member

THEY should send it at no additional shipping charges since they did not have it in stock. You cant help that you do not know when something is in stock or not, and it is their responsibility to let you know.

9. bone_painter

bone_painter "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

The backorder thing happened to me the very first time I ordered any taxidermy supplies. In the future, whenever I order it will be over the phone, so that I can tell them- if anything is on back order, I want my shipment held until everything can be shipped at once.

10. MR.Ed

MR.Ed New Member

"they" were Van Dykes.

11. Becky P

ditto

12. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I use Tohickon large pupil IQ's, which as far as I know are only available through WASCO. They are not slit pupils, and also are not round. They are expensive, yes, but I don't care for the results I get w/ other eyes.

[​IMG]

13. buckjunkie

buckjunkie New Member

Thanks Cole for posting the type of eye used. Good looking mount too. I've never got anything from WASCO before but I have a catalog on the way. As far as the shipping charges, I have a sign business & I have never been charged shipping on a backordered item. Also alot of the suppliers in that industry offer free shipping on orders over $75 or$100. I havn't seen any such offers with the taxidermy suppliers. One has nothing to do with the other but thought I'd mention it.

14. Becky P

I don't have a problem with paying the shipping, I don't pay it anyway, the customer does. It just irks me that in my case, the shipping was higher than the product especially when it could have easily been shipped at a cheaper rate. I would've either waited for the item to come in and ship it all (it was only a couple od days difference), cancel that item and reorder later, at the very least you should be notified that it was on backorder. In the past WASCO and Research have called me when something is backordered wanting to know whether to go ahead with that item or cancel it.

15. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I didn't think that VanDyke charges shipping on backorders if they were mixed in with other supplies that were on inventory...maybe I'm wrong...if I were you I would call customer service and check it out.

16. Becky P

They have the last several times I've had backordered stuff. I didn't think they used to either but thought maybe I was mistaken.

17. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I just rec'd a bobcat that I ordered on 11/24/08...there are no shipping charges....

18. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Joey, I've had similar dealings with Van Dykes. Don't know what the deal is with this one. I did get a chuckle out of the $23 eyes. Try buying a pair of QUALITY Russian eyes for one of those fur balls. I just wish THEY were easier to find.

19. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

Becky..

This happened to me as well.. However I called and questioned it, and they apologized whole heartedly and explained that a lot of times the people in the shipping department don't stop to think twice about what is the best way to ship an item.  Understandable to say the least..  They refunded the entire order and said they would reiterate proper shipping "common sense" to their shipping dept. 

In my case I needed a special pair of eyes.. Some that i didn't have on hand.. Duck eyes of course.. I think they were cinnamon teal, or oldsquaw.. something that I just didn't keep in stock..

I ordered one pair.. ONE PAIR....I knew I would have to pay shipping, but I needed the eyes like yesterday...

When they came.. they were in a box the size of a shoebox, and I had paid over $11 in shipping for a $4 pair of eyes....

The fact is this.. Common Sense is Common Sense.. we all have it.. but I promise you...

You will always have more than the person taking your money..

Check those invoices...

Jon~

20. Helltigress

Helltigress New Member

I had a set of eyes on back order from vandykes and when they sent it, they charged me $10 shipping on them. I called them and told them that was bs, and they refunded my second shipping charge.