1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wet Drums

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by PLTannery, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Are there any commercially manufactured wet drums on the market? The only ones I've ever seen have been made by the person using it. Just curious because it like how they work but don't have the talent to make one.

Thanks

Shelby

2. There a couple of people that make wet drums Rittles sells one. You can see one on his web site. Theres a fiberglass place in NJ that makes the drum only $5500.00. someone else would have to build the rest. I heard the other day wildlife gallery has one that they can have built and sell to you.
    Most wet drums are going to start at about $5000.00 and climb in price ---plus another $1000.00 shipping or so.

3. Shelby,

Exeter has them. So does Valley, USA Foxx, Hohenforst Machinery, or they can be made by a boat maker. A fiberglass one.

4. Thanks for the help. I will probably need one custom made because my shop has only enough room remaining for about a 3' diameter drum. I will have to see if any of the local boatmakers are interested in the job.

Thanks

Shelby
    Promise Land Ranch & Tannery

5. Shelby,
    I thought you wanted a big one, 8'x4' or better. If you are going that small, you might could use one of the auto tanners. The size you are talking about might do 10 capes. I have seen lab drums that would fit that bill, but they are for sample lots only.

6. Robert Woelk

Robert Woelk Guest

Shelly I have a tanning drum, where do you live, I live in Sask. Canada. It has avariable speed motor drainage door, 4ft tall by 2 ft wide I have been doing 10 sheepskins at a time in it.