1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

lets see if I've cut my own throat

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bobbi Meyer, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

thats always more fun anyway crossbuck!!!

2. crossbuck

crossbuck New Member

Yeah, now I have to do my husband's turkey that's been in the freezer for years...It will be my first bird....I hope he doesn't kill me when I get done with it. It has 5 beards. Then it's his lifesize bear, a lifesize deer and about 3 deer heads of his and then maybe I'll get to mount my 8 pointer that I killed last November......I'm tired already.

3. DZach

DZach New Member

Re: lets see if I've cut my own throat
    « Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 09:31:50 PM »

Look in the mirror, if there's alot of red stuff, like blood, you may have!!!

It's so much fun being a smartazz when you're out of striking distance!!!!!!!!

4. I'm not a taxidermist, but I think you will be fine Bobbie.

In 2002, my dad and I went to Alberta for a bear hunt. He killed a smallish cinnamon bear, and I killed a 275# sow (spring weight). I had Michael Vaden (MJVaden on here) do a shoulder mount on mine. The price was WAY more than I wanted to spend, and my dad thought I was crazy to spend that much. But it was my first true trophy, and something I wanted to have FOREVER......

He spent $1600 on his lifesize with a habitat......(went with the best price he could find).

2 months later he wanted to sell his on ebay because it looks like crap. I still look up at mine EVERY DAY and remember my hunt with my dad. MICHAEL DID AN AWESOME JOB.....He still kicks himself for not sending his once in a lifetime bear to Michael.

It was probably double what the cheapest guy was charging, but worth every penny. Trophies only come along every so often. People need to make the most of them.

5. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

Well said trapper, Always nice to here that from customers........that's the stuff that drives us.... ;)