1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

we need some more tutorials

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by Bobbi Meyer, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I really enjoy the tutorials that eveyone puts together, I learn so much, but I think we need some more from you professional habitat folks, cause quite frankly....my base work sucks!!
    can ya help a sista out?

2. I agree with Bobbi. I don't do a ton a bases, but the ones I do are not that great. I would like to spice them up a bit.

3. I'm fixing to do one for a 3-D redfish. I will put a pictorial together on that. I also have a 1/2 size aoudad that we will be working on soon I'll put one up on that to. I build the bases, foam work and painting then my wonderful beautiful wife does all the habitat.

4. i need an iccicle tutorial, for a black raccoon base im doing for the Tx show.

5. Bobbi Meyer

thanks habitat folks!!!

6. aussiesam

aussiesam I'm an Australian.

Would like to see the 'making' of a wooden base please.
    I can only find 1 person to build bases like the ones in the supply catalogs, if I nag enough, and he charges like a wounded bull.
    I'm ok with working with wood but just dont have the know how for planning/assembly. :)

7. Bobbi Meyer

I'd like a good mammal base tutorial, either forest floor type or some good jaggedy rock ones..
    Is this our wish list?

8. I will do the fish on a good wooden base. Bobbie the auodad is going to be a rock ledge with hill country floor

9. Was that a hint Bobbi?

10. Bobbi Meyer

ummmmmm maybe!!!

11. If I get a little time I will put something together. It will take a little time.

12. I am doing a bobcat base and have been taking some pics, so I will post them when I get done. You guys and gals can critique it when I get it done. Hopefully tomorrow. This is my first attempt at a rock base. One question on painting the rocks. I got black and brown tempera paint. What do you recommend on using for painting the rocks?

13. Bobbi Meyer

Cooll!!! thanks everybody!!

14. brokentine

brokentine New Member

i check the habitat every day and some days there are only like 4-5 post for the day, not learning much there. Bobbie is right could we have more from the habitat section. Water, ice, I see alot of questions on how to make these, but really no answeres just hit the search button. Kinda hard to follow the how to on these maybe a visual would help. Nice thread bobbie, cant wait to see what we get...lol

15. Critter

Critter New Member

Bobbi, Im going to start on an octagon tilted desk base made from bard wood with habitat for a Euro skull. Ill do a little tutorial with pics for ya if you want. Im starting the project next week. just say the word!! :)

16. Bobbi Meyer

go for it Critter!!!! I'd love to see it

17. Critter

Critter New Member

Consider it done ;) It will be up within the next two weeks, I promise!

18. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

Critter and ayone else WORD

19. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

i am weak on habitat too. would love to see how some are done. i did make a rock for a wolf i did, and it turned out what i feel is good.

20. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

here is a picture of the rock i was talking about. not the best, but a rock all the same. notice how boring my dirt base is. YEA i need work on bases too.