1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

mounting stands

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by brn2hunt, Feb 26, 2009.

1. brn2hunt

brn2hunt New Member

I am wanting to learn taxidermy and i have mounted one shoulder mount deer along with a mentor at my side. I now want to begin doing it on my own and was wondering if anyone has a good way to build a mounting stand that is not too much money and is sturdy. Yes i have searched the archives unsuccessfully. any help would be appreciated, thanks
    Jeremy

2. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

Can you weld? If not, Order one or go to your local Fab Shop. Either way, you'll spend about the same (time is $$$$) as if you just order one from any supplier.

3. ?? I typed in "mounting stand" and this was number 2 on the list. Its very basic but you can make it work.
    http://www.hidetanning.net/TaxidermyMountingStand.html

good luck

4. silvan

silvan New Member

I got some steel pipe and pipe ends from HomeDepot for $33.00 and had a friend tack weld the nuts on, the good thing is that you can change the peaces to fit your needs!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. aero

aero New Member

Van Dykes has their basic model on sale for 98.00, plus shipping.

6. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

i just bought a new one from van dykes

7. aero

aero New Member

Me too, just arrived today. Cant beat the price, in my opinion.

8. unless you own a scrap yard and can weld your self look at van dykes modle a shipped its about $120 and looks and works great.

9. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 Member

My new stand was dilivered today .Mounted a deer tonight on it.It worked great .And unlike my old one it sitts wright up against the wall... (takes up less room)
    I can weld and have built my own in the past.If your times not worth anything BUILD IT
    heres the link for the one I just bought
    http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/product/103367/53280

And for the person who spent $33.- at home depot
    For $6.99 more you could have bought this
    http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/product/103366/53286

10. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

mine just came today too...shipped pretty fast for Van Dykes ....thanks Van Dykes for the speedy delivery!!!

11. guys i seen some on ebay a few days ago dont know if seen it right but it was like 20 or 30 plus shipping

12. brn2hunt

brn2hunt New Member

I found one on ebay for $20. Thanks to all who helped this forum is awesome

13. stuffenstuff

stuffenstuff Active Member

Van Dyke's, speedy delivery? That's weird....If they had faster shipping I would use them more. It's like 3 days later I get a E-mail saying your order went out today.???

14. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 Member

Stuffen,
    I know what you mean.I placed a order on Sunday nite.First thing Monday realized I forgot a few things.So I called first thing in the morning.Figured I could just add the stuff to my order....Nope ,order is already been picked. So I just placed another order. Recieved first order yesterday.Just got my email today saying that second order shipped today..

So it took them 4 days to package some hide paste,eyes,& earliners...

15. CAMOGUY

CAMOGUY CAN'T COUNT IT TILL YOU MOUNT IT.

I ORDERED FROM VAN DYKES ON FRIDAY OF LAST WEEK AND JUST GOT MINE YESTERDAY. THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE 4 TO 6 BUSINESS DAYS. BUT WHAT REALLY IMPRESSED ME WAS THE SHIPPING TAG TO SHIP BACK TO THEM IF I WASN'T SATISFIED. THAT WAS GOOD. CAUSE I NORMALLY ORDER FROM MCKENZIE AND THEY DON'T DO THAT.