1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Water drops

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by cwebs, Feb 27, 2009.

1. cwebs

cwebs Member

I need to make a few water drops comming off a fish mount and don't want to buy a lot of resin and waist it. What could I use to make just a few drops?

2. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Clear 5 min epoxy. mix it up and use a piece of wire and place it were you want it.
    you might want to let it harden a little

3. cwebs

cwebs Member

I tried a couple things and found what I am looking for. Just dip #20 test mono fishing line in fin backing cream. After dry re-dip. Build up like candle making. Stays flexable easy to add to fins.

4. 2wbdft

2wbdft Member

that 5min epox WILL yellow...

5. cbump123

cbump123 New Member

Modge Podge in a syringe. I have used it on deers wiskers. After it dries it is clear.

6. brokentine

brokentine New Member

modge podge in syringe works good your right used idea on fish a while back came out great.. depending on the size of needle and drop size u want may have to go over it twice, let it dry first and look then if you want bigger give it a go again..

7. Yep, high gloss Modge Podge. You can use a syringe or a toothpick and build it up to your liking. Just like building up the nodules on a nose pad.