1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

looking for Input on Knobloch's Enzol B

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by RoyalOaksRanch, Sep 14, 2006.

1. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I have a tanned bobcat that I need to rehydrate. Its a real soft tan. Dont know how it was done or who did it.
    I need to rehydrate it to get measurements so I can order the form.
    Has anyone used Knobloch's Enzol B (WASCO) and does it work good? Or do you have a different solution youd recomend?
    Rae

Knobloch's Enzol B
    This new "wonder-drug" for taxidermy tanning helps rehydrate raw skins (especially dried African skins). It helps degrease and remove blood from skin and hair, cleans hair, and breaks down non-tannable proteins. Tanned skins rehydrate in less than half the time, and ear cartilage is easier to remove. It also removes natural animal odors.

Code Item Description Price
    LT939 1 lb. Enzol B 7.52

2. Randy Mac

Randy Mac New Member

Call Knoblochs and ask for Mark Daniels and ask him yourself #303-666-9045 that way you will know from them how well it will work

3. RoyalOaksRanch

Thanks Randy Ill call and ask him. However I am really hoping someone not related with the product can give me their opinion as well.
    Thanks
    Rae

4. You speak of a TANNED bobcat to rehydrate. Most tans only need water and maybe a cup of salt added. But it depends on the tan. Do you know the age of the skin? Most tans have a shelf life that after to long, when soaked up will fall apart. If you dont know the age you might want to test part of the skin first.Good tans will rehydrate in water for 15 to 20 minutes drip and place in plastic bag in frig over night.
    Knoblochs have super good products but the enzol -b is for re hydrating salt dried skins before going through the tanning process. note instructions say RAW SKINS. I have never tried it for soaking a tanned skin up quicker Even though it says you can.

5. RoyalOaksRanch

"Tanned skins rehydrate in less than half the time, and ear cartilage is easier to remove. It also removes natural animal odors."

That is directly from their ad... I have no clue how old this bobcat is. I was told it was from last winter. Ill test a small part of it at the end of the cape to see if it will fall apart. THe fur is good and tight, course we shall see when I rehydrate it LOL.
    What amount of salt do you use to rehydrate yours? I was thinking 1/2 cup non idodized salt to 2 1/2 cups of water.

6. Try Half a cup to a gallon

7. RoyalOaksRanch

FishSlayer13- How did it work for you?

8. Enzol is not for tanned skins, it is for salt dried or or flint dried AFRICAN. If you use it on tanned most likely it will dissolve the skin. THe product will break done the hard dried skin for tanning.

Since the cat is soft, just use water and a bit of salt.

One cup of salt to five gallons of water is what I use, the salt prevents swelling of the skin.

9. RoyalOaksRanch

I will stick with the salt and water method. Thanks alot :) Now cross your fingers and send good thoughts that my pretty bobcat doesnt turn into mush :)