1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lifesize Mammal of the Month #12 (3/09- 4/09)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Doylestudio, Mar 1, 2009.

1. cwt

cwt Active Member

coyote project critigues welcome

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cwt

cwt Active Member

sorry i will try to turn them

3. ed150

ed150 deer city time

thats tight lookn cwt,even sidways

4. cwt

cwt Active Member

ok here we go, since the phot the tail has been move down towards hi back legs more

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 1 thought, normally the trap would be on the toes!!! Josh

6. cwt

cwt Active Member

to each is own,i was running out of ideas and i dont have another animal to mount, my freezers where empty and this was already in the freezer for over a year. sorry if i offended anyone

7. polecat
    [​IMG]

8. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I know many feel we shouldn't show a trap on the foot, but why? It is a legal way to take animals. Are we ashamed of it? Should we apologize for our methods of gathering game? I understand not disrepecting the animals we mount, but to me this is WAY less offensive and more realistic than a squirrel holding a beer can or something like that.

9. I like the yote mount. Neat concept.

10. cwt

cwt Active Member

thanks ill post pics when it is done

11. nofiveo

nofiveo Active Member

i was thinkin of tryin a mount similar to that yote, but was gonna use an antique trap like the one fullskull was selling awhile back.

12. Skywalker... Your mounts are awesome... Good Job...

13. my god that snow looks so real, the whole piece does! good job :)

14. Cwt that mount looks awesome. I think I would pull the jaws of the trap down a little it appears to be a little to high to me. It is a really great idea, just another way of thinking outside the box. Is that a customer piece or for your show room?

15. I agree, the trap is a lot higher than 99% of catches, though still possible. The top of the pad is about right for most solid catches.

16. cwt

cwt Active Member

yeah im going to move it i thought the same thing. JSeiler it is for the show room. Family member shot it in dec 2007 and i finally got off my butt and mounted it. I have no idea what im going to do for the base or the habitat at all.

17. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

Finished these today.[​IMG]

18. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

Nice orange blaze on the marten.I forgot to show the canines though.[​IMG]

19. Harum

Harum Active Member

Jim B
    I really like that piece!!

20. landdepot

landdepot Active Member

nice mount CWT. show pics when it's finished. it has been my experience that most of them are usually caught more by the toe, but nice mount just the same.