1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Paint on antelope horns

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Justin, Mar 6, 2009.

1. My disabled cousin went on a hunt in WY for antelope about 2-3 yrs ago and he has a taxidermist out there mount his goat.
    The outfitter recommended this woman so he thought he was ok to let here do the work.
    2 yrs later he got it and it was the nastiest,aweful looking mount that I have ever laid my eyes on.Anythin you can imagine to be wrong was wrong!
    I posted in the wanted section looking for a cheap replacement cape sometime ago and Holmes,being the generous person that he is
    gave me a cape!

Now, my question is why did the retard that mounted the antelope PAINT the horns and how do I get it off?
    I have tried laquer thinner and it is not working very well!Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Since he is my cousin and he already paid $500 to have it mounted,I am charging him only for supplies but I still want it to look natural and the paint looks like chit!
    He learned his lesson!I told him this is a one time deal, from now on if I didn't get it to start with he had to live with how it turned out!

Thanks Holmes and thanks ahead of time for any suggestions!

2. Poly SUPER STRIPPA MOUSSE
    Sorry about the caps

3. Wayne,Where do you get that?

4. you might try mek you can get it at any hardware store. scrub them with it and pat dry. Use a very well ventilated place or you will end up on the floor.

5. python12

python12 Member

if stripping them doesnt work to your satisfaction,
    you might try making a replica of the horns??

6. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

Any standard hardware store paint stripper will work.