1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

We are doing this all wrong....

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Mag-Pie, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Mag-Pie

Mag-Pie New Member

If this sells, I'm either slicing my wrists, or finding a farm to meander on.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_3&listing_id=21813791&ga_search_query=bones&ga_search_type=tag_title

2. Matt_S

Matt_S New Member

what the?

3. It is official.........I have seen it all!

4. jonscut

jonscut Member

Well they say there's one born every minute. Maybe they'll find that listing and buy it.

5. bugboy

bugboy New Member

so who all has ordeded one? :D

6. Kevin AL

Kevin AL New Member

HOLY COW!!!!!!!

Ok. I admit it. That was corny. ;D

7. wow

8. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

Some ones been smoking something funny

9. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

I looked around in that site some more Mag...HOLY FREAKIN MOLY! A SIX THOUSAND DOLLAR 4x5 point deer...PAINTED ORANGE! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14711895 :eek:! WHAT THE HECK?!?

They've even got fish eyes...regular fish eyes...made into necklaces...selling them for upwards of $40 a pop.

One seller morphed a doll & squirrel parts! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_8&listing_id=18953727&ga_search_query=taxidermy&ga_search_type=tag_title

Seriously...if those things sell, I'm gonna throw in the towel & join them. ::)

10. Mag-Pie

Mag-Pie New Member

Well Lisa, now you know what to do with the 'ones that don't work out'! Oh, my. I'll have to remember to buy those headless barbie dolls next time I'm at the thrift store. Now I know what to do with them!

11. Critternator

Critternator New Member

WTF!!! SERIOUSLY......WTF!!

12. Etsy is an art and crafts website, lol... not the same stuff as this stuff. I agree that price in particular is nuts, but I often see conceptual junk selling for ridiculous amounts... what a bunch of crock. Anyway I personally have always and will always love that website. Its handsdown one of the best things that has happenned to the artistic community lately.

13. Mag-Pie

Mag-Pie New Member

I do really like esty, Bonnie. I didn't realize at first that they sell supplies as well, and I found a few things to buy. Well, more than a few! There's some truly good work on this site. And I like the fact that they're not censoring or deciding whose work has merit. That should be up to the people that buy!

(The last art show I was invited to featured a male artist who broke out of a wall of seaweed while wearing a bridal gown. I'm still stumped by that one. And he makes a lot more money than I do!)

14. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

For that much money, you damn well better to be able to SIT on it. CRIKEY!

15. wolf249

wolf249 New Member

You can all most buy a heard for that price///

16. chewbacca

chewbacca New Member

Doesn't it cease to be a chair if you can't sit in it?

17. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

I actually went over and joined etsy too Bonnie! I realized I didn't have to beat them, or let them beat me...I could just join them! LOL I talked one of their members into coming over here to buy his pheasants. :) Anyway...the whole flamin' site is about hand made crafts! I have sewn, painted, done bead work, dream catchers, quilts....ALL of that stuff for years. And looking at everyone's creations over there...it just made me :eek:! It's a LOT of inspiration! Anyways...;) If the "chair" sells, good for them! ;)