1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Sorry to waste your time

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Rhino, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

I dont want any trouble, with anyone, so I am pulling everything I had to say, on this topic.

When one person starts LYING, and trying to provoke a response, its time for me to bounce.

Read some profile info!

2. hillbillyhounds5

hillbillyhounds5 New Member

Re: A little secret about tanning oils

Thanks for the advise. What oil do you like best

3. stuffenstuff

stuffenstuff Member

I get my oil at the tannery, they call it 750 they say they can sell me 850 also. It is compatible with knoblochs oil, I mix it with 1/3 hot water. OS do you know anything about 750/850 ? I love the oil and they charge me $9.00 a gal.

4. shopkins94

shopkins94 New Member

I just did a lynx and didn't oil before I broke it and it came out great. Then I got scared and oiled it and rebroke. Feels the same to me.

5. stuffenstuff

stuffenstuff Member

The oil helps hold the tan in, especially if you rehydrate. :)

6. bowhuntnnut

bowhuntnnut 210-260-0190

I called a supplier and asked about the activity of the oil I use. I was told 100%. Is that posssible?

7. 1590

1590 Member

if you don't mind my asking, where do you get the 750/850 oil at????
    Jim

8. moongast01

moongast01 My first love is God my second is My Wife....

Thanks for the info we use 1part water to 2 parts also it is rittles pro oil.

9. stuffenstuff

stuffenstuff Member

Oldshaver, your making me blush............

10. Randy Mac

Randy Mac New Member

Knoblochs has the 750 and 850 there number is 303-666-9045

11. 1590

1590 Member

Thank you Randy Mac
    Jim

12. Re: A little secret about tanning oils

750 an 850 are both sold to wholesale clients by Knoblochs. Its there tanning oil Number 1 or something like that retail.
    I cant buy it for the price listed above. Even if bought in a 250 gallon tote. I dont use either one. If you back up and re-read this thread, oldshaver let
    go of some good info.

13. stuffenstuff

stuffenstuff Member

I don't know what they pay? I just know what they charge me, I asked what the oil was they told me it's compatible with Knoblochs...that's all, I did not know it WAS knoblochs. Been a little while seance I bought some, I think I should get more! I have had 6 PM's asking where I get this, I am sorry, but as I told you guys they do me a favor and out of respect I can not say. They are not in the business of selling oil, it's just a favor to me.

14. stuffenstuff

stuffenstuff Member

I just got more today. they charged me $1.09 a pound.....That's what they pay, they told me they don't mind selling it to me at there price,they said just don't spread the word. that was for 750/the 850 was 14 cents more. I have cut it 1/3 in the past with good results.

15. Re: A little secret about tanning oils

Current price today on 750 is 1.62 per pound thats as big a discount as you can get.
    8.3 lbs per gallon-----$ 13.446 per gallon. Plus freight on A tote that size 881.00 to here That adds $ 3.524per gallon.----16.97 per gallon.
    Your tannery is selling you the stuff for about half of it current cost today depending on thier shipping. Funny thing is, is 850 is less money on my price list.
    So If you like that type oil , I would go back and buy all they will sell you !! ;D

16. stuffenstuff

stuffenstuff Member

Funny thing, last time I got cob-o-grit they charged me $12.00 for 40lbs to day it was $19.00 ?
    and your wrong about $1.62 being as big as a discount as I can get....I just paid $1.09 a pound today! ;D ;D ;D
    I'm not out to rip anyone off I ask 3 time if they are making a profit? I told them I understand they need to, they said nope no big deal.......... I have no shipping as I pick it up.

fishslayer13, I stand corrected again, the 850 was 14 cents LESS, Wendy was there and just informed me. sorry. :-\

17. Re: A little secret about tanning oils

Yep you got me there !! I was wrong YOU can buy it for less !! ;D ;D ;D

18. Randy Mac

Randy Mac New Member

So oldshaver what kind of oil do you use? and what is the ACTIVTY of your oil of choice and where can all of us get the same oil you all use?

19. bowhuntnnut

bowhuntnnut 210-260-0190

That's not a question he's likely to answer ::)

20. 1590

1590 Member

I have'nt seen oldshavers response for a while...............Hmmm
    Jim