1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

competition pieces being done at seminars/schools???

Discussion in 'Training' started by RDA, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Um, Bobbi, these arent my toasties even lol. Im not telling anyone they cant. I just told these guys to be careful who they pointed fingers at. Almost everyone gets help, its where the group chooses to draw the line that was my issue. I think you have the wrong guy here.

2. Cole already mentioned this anyway. See, right here. What a smart guy he is.

3. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Personally, I dont care much how an association handles it, but I can tell you with certainty, the guy who scored one point below the combined mount is going to holler the loudest! Thats just how it is. I personally prefer the combined division, like the World show has always had. The state shows lose enough people each year as it is, they might try to keep all they can. Codi, Bobbi, Cole, right on!

4. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

You get one year at the school taught level, then you have to move to professional...thats it.

5. RDA

RDA Active Member

Cuzz r u drinkin this morn??? ;D

6. Personally, I think it's crazy that people would lie and have someone else doing their mount and all the other stories I've read in this post about people cheating. I just go to comp. because it's a good excuse to get out of town a few days and eat free hotel breakfast. ???

7. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

...and to see your awesome taxi.net friends!!! ??? :-[

8. RDA

RDA Active Member

WOW!! you guys get FREE breakfasts??? :eek:

9. Bobbi Meyer

no...not this morning....did have a Guinness fore I went to bed last night though!!! LOL

10. O yeah and to hang out with my #1 bff Cole.

11. Bobbi Meyer

I wonder if Missouri could put that in their rules?
    Especially since we have a few schools right here IN Missouri.

12. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Sure they could. You can come to the June meeting and propose such a rule change, or e-mail one of the board members. (hint hint ;D)

13. RDA

RDA Active Member

yur talkin bout the FREE breakfasts right?? :D

14. RDA you don't get free breakfasts? what a rip

15. RDA

RDA Active Member

Rip city out here inda not-so-wild west... :-\ :'( :D

16. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

uh hum.............. ::) ::)

17. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Shouldn't you be getting ready for a big exotic hunt or something?

18. KStovall

KStovall New Member

I somehow missed this topic the last week but I'll throw myself out there now. 10 years ago when I started I went to school with 4 others taking the class. We all were encouraged to take our mounts to the upcoming show and competition. They were all mounts done in class. We all had the same instructor. We did not all get the same ribbons. In fact one poor fellow got that horrible green honorable (thanks for your money) Mention ribbon. He had more Assistance from the instructor than anyone. My instructor never put his hands on my pieces. Yes he was telling me what to do and how but it was my artistic ability that accomplished these tasks. I am as proud of those awards today as I was 10 years ago. Had he touched my pieces then I could see the questions. Just because I tell you how Nuclear Fission works doesn't mean you can go split an Atom.

19. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

If you had done the same mount on your own without the instructor, would you have done just as good? Because with no influence it would be your own work. The influence part is what makes the difference.

20. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Egg zackly Wildside.