1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Question on stuffing nostrils

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by smokeybear, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Walmart plastic sacks work fine.

Tried the super glue and never liked the crap.

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Rooster, that's a great point. I do the same thing. Packing it with plastic does slow the curing process and you need to pull it out and recheck it daily for nothing else than to get "new air" in there to dry the skin.

3. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    paper towel, it will stick to the glue, but if you pull it out at the end of the day or the next day before its stuck on there then repack it its not too bad taking it out the 2nd time.

4. Head Hunter

Head Hunter Member

I use panty hose- this allows air to circulate and dry the inside of the nose faster!

PS. Make SURE the panty hose are not one of your wifes best pair !!! LOL

5. stuffenstuff

stuffenstuff Active Member

I use the used dryer sheets, Wendy saves them for me after she use's them, They still have a little wax coating left on them and can breath to allow to dry. If I go heavy on the hide paste I shoot the inner nose with a small shot of manikin release then stuff it in :)

6. RIVERBLADE

RIVERBLADE New Member

Glue interior of nostril skin and insert compression ear plugs seems to work fine. Type of earplugs I use are the yellow "EAR" type.

7. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

Stuffenstuff, good call on the dryer sheets. I'm going to do that on the next one.

8. stuffenstuff

No problem, I get a good one every now and then, Just like a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then ;D

9. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Yup, stuffenstuff is good at stuffin... stuff ::) ;D

10. Bighunter4x4

Bighunter4x4 Member

This, for me, would be like trying to put the water decals on a model car with super glue with my big hands. It aint gonna happen.

11. stuffenstuff

Redwolf, that's the second time I was told that today, once was early this morning ;) ;D ;D

12. ayhunter

ayhunter New Member

S.C.
    x3

13. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

I use thin waste basket bags. (Plastic) they stuff well and you can buy a lot cheap.

14. hobbes

hobbes Member

"Walmart plastic sacks work fine."

Or whatever plastic I have laying around and I always use plenty of adhesive. Never had much of problem w/ the skin moving in this area if tucked w/ glue and packed with plastic. I do remove occasionally to verify though.

15. foam rope all sizes