1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Blue eyed deer photos second time around

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by countryview, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Hope you can all see them this tme..
    scott

2. rj9289

rj9289 Buck the system, be an individual, be who you are.

almost like a gunner

3. country views son

country views son New Member

Oh
    They look really nice ;D

4. Marc A

Marc A Beaver Creek Taxidermy

Did you paint your own eye ?

5. no I had to special order them.

6. Awesome animal!! Great Mount

7. kevin scott

kevin scott New Member

Very unique deer .

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

very nice, did you get them made through tohickon? That is unique for sure.

9. actually I had them mae through vandykes eye dept sad part about this deer it had four white socks and white hooves,I tried but could not get him to anything other than a shoudler. so Ii kept them and might make a lamp out of them for the shop.

10. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 Member

Very cool

11. dugout

dugout Winners are just losers who never quit.

Great photos! I printed them for reference;the blue eyes make it much easier to see the orientation.

12. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

Neat...I'm going to see if I can get them to make me an eye for that deer I have to mount with the black iris and the clear pupil

13. country views son

country views son New Member

Oh
    nice deer

14. jwarr

jwarr Member

that is a piebald, an albino is white with red eyes, leucistic is white with black eyes, piebald is the patchy albino effect, usually the eye would be red if it was inside a white patch but it looks like that eye was right on the color transition area so maybe that is why it was blue?

15. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

was his nose pink like that normally piebalds are not pink just albinos

16. darkbloodwyvern

darkbloodwyvern We've been sent here to raise hell and cause chaos

WOW, what a great deer! very well mounted as well as unusual. You should be proud both of the cool colors and the fine work!

I was under the impression that piebald is not quite like albinism. Many piebald animals have pink noses and blue or sometimes 'normal' eye colors like brown. Many piebald snakes have normal eye coloration but pied horses can have brown, blue or blue and brown on one or both irises. In many dog breeds it seems like albinos SEEM have more birth defects and health problems than leucistic and piebald colored dogs, so i would suspect that pied is closer genetically to leucistic than albino in many cases. But lucy animals still seem to have problems so I wouldn't say a white dog with brown eyes is necessarily going to live longer than an albino dog.

Ball pythons from Africa have two kinds of leucicism (no idea on spelling). They have blue eyed and balck eyed lucys. Last i checked the blue eyes were more rare and valuable because the black eyes were discovered first. Ball pythons also have a "piebald" albino form, it's a white and yellow snake with patches of black pigment and pink eyes! The leucistic snakes are all white with no yellow and they have either blue or black colored eyes.

I found a thread here with some pics of a blue eyed lucy deer:
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?topic=57800.0

here a pink nosed pied:
    http://www.buckmanager.com/2007/07/17/piebald-deer-what-are-they/piebald-deer/

scroll down for a brown eyed black nosed piebald:
    http://outdoorswithothmarvohringer.blogspot.com/2007/02/albino-moose.html

If anyone knows about it i would love to hear more, i am pretty into genetics but haven't had time to study as much as I'd like to. I think the variation of the natural world is just so dang cool!