1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What Ever happened to...............

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by pyeager1, Mar 11, 2009.

1. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I just came across my Breakthrough deer manuals (I had both of them) and was thumbing through them at noticed names of people I don't hear much about anymore. Names like Sallie Dahmes, Tom Sexton, Bob Williamson, Don Mathis, Jim Hall and there was some narrow guy in there with big glasses with an "evil eye" named Ken Edwards. ::) Whatever became of these folks?

2. Yeager, get out of my head!!! I the same question popped into my head last week when I was going through some of my manuals. LOL

3. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

What about Bob Elzner? I stopped by his shop in Arizona once,(early 90`s I believe) asked someone who was there to speak with him, the fellow said he was away.

4. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I believe Sallie Dahmes is part owner of WASCO.

5. RDA

RDA Active Member

I hear Ken Edwards came up with some sort of websight thingy,,, doubt it will catch on though.....ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Sallie is fully engulfed in her CWD research for Georgia at Athens, I believe. Don Mathis passed away a couple years ago. Tom Sexton quietly and humbly goes about being the premier antler restorer, Jim Hall is still out west, last I knew he was offering air brush repair among other things. Ken Edwards got contacts, I suppose. Lol.

7. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Don Mathis has passed away. He was a good friend to me and hunted Bear in Maine one year.

8. Dawn

Dawn Proud Members of the Mich Taxidermist Assoc

Bob Elzner left the taxidermy field many years ago. He is now a Master builder in Idaho.

Bob was one of the nicest taxidermist you would ever meet. He did a lot for the taxidermy industry and the Arizona taxidermists back in the day when I lived out there. We had several meetings at his shop and he was always sharing his expertise with us. He was always into design - he loved to use his hands and create things.

Now he just does it on a larger scale with homes.

9. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

If I left I would just be a Master Baiter in Canada...LOL

10. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Now Paul, that wasn't a nice thing to say. ::) ;D

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Friggin Polocks....can't take them anywhere!!! LOL

12. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

C'mon MP it's POLACK, geez you'd a thunk you'd a figured that out by now.