1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

squirrel eyes

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Jesse Carr, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Jesse Carr

Jesse Carr Get a holt with your feet and stick your chest out

has anyone ever used the eyes with the moving pupil for little kids and removed the pupil and painted them to your liking for a squirrel kind of like painting your own fish eyes

2. no'

3. Jesse Carr

Jesse Carr Get a holt with your feet and stick your chest out

i know a couple of guys have done it because i remember reading on how they did it but i can not find it im hoping that they will chime in and give me some info on it, one guy cut a sit in the bottom and pulled the wiggly part out and then painted the inside black but i cant remember exactly how he did it, i only need one set and have no other orders for anywhere and shipping would cost more then the eyes themselves

4. stuffenstuff

stuffenstuff Active Member

bubble.............

5. Brian

Brian Active Member

the easiest thin to do is go to walmart go to the stuffed animal area ot toys r us and buy the cheap .99 cents stuffed animals and use there eyes. ive done it before and youd nver know! its cheaper then the eyes itself!

6. stuffenstuff

Ya know what I did....don't tell! 8) I rolled up 2 10mm epoxy balls painted em black, and put a drop of high gloss on them over night, and mounted it up. looked good! ::) ;D in a pinch..

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

You "younguns" got no imagination. You can buy a card of black plastic dome buttons for about 60 cents. That's 3 pairs of squirrel eyes right there. Why would anyone ever screw around with the Kewpie doll eyes. That plastic shell is just too flimsy and when the skin dries, it's likely to wrinkle and warp.

8. stuffenstuff

My way is cheapest... ;D LOL

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

You must buy Apoxie cheaper than I get. To top that off, you have to wait for it to cure, paint it and then gloss it and let THAT dry before you can use them. I can just pull the buttons off the card and mount.

Actually, I stopped using buttons long ago and prefer the black glass eyes (not bubble eyes) sold by the supply companies.

10. stuffenstuff

George, I meant epoxy sculpt and stuff around the shop. :D

you have to drive to the store,stand in line "pay" drive home and oh never mind.......LOL