1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

surry mini course

Discussion in 'Training' started by bassbuster, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

buckmaster14......you going??

2. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Just finished registering..... i'm stoked about next week

3. buckstands

buckstands Mount it like it was your's

a copperhead

4. wttail

wttail New Member

howdy ...I'm a part-time/newbie but been thur Ricks classes there at Surry and to the mini course i guess 3 times now. Great stuff ! I'm just up the road from Dobson so ill be there on and off, hope to see as much as possible.

Would like to find that hospitality room.

5. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

i'll be there. It's always allot of fun.

6. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    James you know we will have a party room it never fails. It will not be the same without the P-head doll .Look for me in the competition area I will be checking in mounts again this year and putting on ribbons. Good luck to all that enter the competition

7. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Just found out I will not be able to make it, really sucks. Last 2 years I have gone were really fun. Hope everyone has a good time!

8. buckstands

im going there as well Surry Community College for the taxidermy courses.
    i went to the scat one and had a great time
    This will be the first year I have attended. I would like to know where the
    closest and best place to stay is. I will be travelling over 200 miles to come.

9. The surry Inn is about the closest approx 4 miles from campus then to the north there is Mount Airy with alot of hotels motels etc . However everything gets booked pretty quick. Good Luck

10. buckstands

Just finished registering.........and ready.... back to work on my mounts .......woooohoooooooo..
    see all there good luck with all you mounts....

11. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

We stay at the Surry Inn. Call fast they may not have any rooms. Have stayed there for the past 2 years. Clean rooms, diner very near with good food, be sure to mention that you are going to the taxidermy courses. I'm driving up 6 hours from the coast. Only 1 bad thing about staying in that area....there is a pig farm down the road a bit...last year there was an "odor" and the flys were not fun. Bring a fly swatter!!!

12. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

I'm still not over that p-head appearance last year.

13. mountn

mountn New Member

Is anybody camping?

14. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

a lot of folks do but I don't. I meet up with my folks and stay at the motel.

15. gasman1

gasman1 The Big One Almost Got Away

N.C
    I will be going, hope to see and meet all of you.l

16. BTerry

BTerry New Member

I'll see you all there, this is my 10 year going to these mini courses. Awesome time!

17. buckstands

i cant wait....to see all the good looking mounts that every one worked so hard on like myself.hope to bring alot of pointers back to help me out in the shop as well
    what mounts are you all bring

18. QBD

QBD Active Member

Met several taxi netters during the seminars including the infamous EJ. This was my first time and I was told by one of the coordinators that they set a new record for enrollment this year. Had a great time and enjoyed the beautiful country.

19. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

There are pics in the Taxidermy industry section. This was my first year but it won't be my last. I really enjoyed it and thanks alot 105 taxidermy and Hoss for letting me crash with yall. You guys were a blast to hang with. I met a lot of taxi members, and made some new friends.

20. buckstands

yw DC .i had a great time as well and learned alot.ready for the next......