1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Name Change

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by mjsandt, Mar 18, 2009.

1. mjsandt

mjsandt New Member

I had my business name as the screen name on here. Yesterday I googled my business name to see what came up because I had a customer say that they found my info that way, and as I dont have a website I was curious. Well I found that it did bring up a classified ad I had posted for my business, but it also brought up the posts I had put on here. Not that I said anything bad or have anything to hide, but I just dont want to have everything I have said to come up in a list if someone is looking for a taxidermist. I understand that anyone can get on this site and look at whatever you say, but its different if they are looking for advertisements and get to read all the smarty pants comments we make. Thought i would pass it along incase you have your name on yours.

2. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

ANY time you post in an open forum it IS viewable by the public. Any search engine will pick up on whatever is being searched for... this is how the internet works...

3. cedarhill

cedarhill Member

anything you post does come up on a google search, a good reason to watch what you write. If a customer googles you and is able to read some of the nasty posts that I have seen some people leave here in the past I would be shocked to see them bring the work to some folks. I just have always tried to being honest and not putting anything degrading or nasty it seems to be the best and there isnt any need to kick people especially the beginners. Although I read postings here years ago and this forum has improved so much with nice folks a few years ago people used this alot to be rude and nasty to each other. Using constuctive words and being nice seems to be what you see more of these days and its nice to see. I of couse am not saying you have said anything bad just an observation from reading all posts, I wouldnt ever post anything here until I saw this forum changing for the better and joined recently.

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Your personality on here doesn't mean chit to most people, your work & price does. I have gotten quite a few pieces of work from people who saw me on this site & some here say i'm an a$$hole ::) I would have to disagree thiough, i'm the nicest person I know ;) :D

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

no, ur def. an a-hole

6. cht

cht New Member

LMAO

7. You guys may think Micheal P is an a-hol-io but i think he is hi-lar-ious

8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

We don't "think" he's an a-hole, we know it. (He knows it too)