1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

From the President of the IL association

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by tanner5, Mar 19, 2009.

1. tanner5

tanner5 New Member

I would like to say thanks to all who were involved in making this years show a fantastic one. I would especially like to thank the judges that judged our show this year -- (Pat Wagner- whitetails), (Rick Krane- fish), (Kent Reedy- birds), and (Mike Yeska- mammals/gameheads) These guys really know their stuff! (no pun intended). Thanks also to all the suppliers that filled our trade show room. (I won't begin to start naming them all because I know that I'll forget some). We picked up a lot of new members this year and I know that they left with their heads spinning with so much info and tips from the seminars, just take all that home with ya and apply it to your commercial mounts and just see what happens!! You will amaze yourself. That is what competitions are for!!!!!!!!!!

Pete Sweitzer- ITA president

2. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

you are right Pete My head is still spinning! It was nice to finally meet you in person and I can't wait till next yrs show.!

3. tanner5

tanner5 New Member

Uncle Harley, It was nice to meet you too, Hope you had a good time and learned a lot. Welcome to our "Family"

4. laserred

laserred New Member

It was a great show! Thank you!

5. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

LOL you mean check in and dinner? why didn't you make it to Rick's seminar?

6. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Well Pete it would not have happened if not for the hard work by yourself and the board members, great shows just don't happen there is a ton of hard work behind the scenes before, during and after the shows. Great job.

I would offer a suggestion for next years show and that is to include the sponsers of the special awards when they are known to publish it the newlsetter a couple of months ahead a time and the provisions needed for our award of excellence, for our newer members.
    I'll try and pull out a special award from our Land of Lincoln SCI chapter for next years show..

7. tanner5

tanner5 New Member

Thanks, Missouri Creek, it is a lot of work as you well know from being a past pres. , but we have a great group of people from the board members to the members themselves that aren't afraid to get in there and get-er-done, it is great having everyone working together to pull this kind of a show off. Thanx for the ideas for next years show, and if you could pull off another special interest award for us that would be great.

Tanner5

8. Thank you pete and all the board members for putting on such a great show. Yourright my head still is spinning.

Dylan Patton

9. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

This is going to sound like a suck up type of post but I need everyone's attention on this issue, PLEASE. In the board meeting it was brought up for a change in BYLAWS as to the number of terms a president could serve consecutively. Currently the bylaws state two-two year terms. This needs to be changed. It will take a majority vote of the entire membership. I for one am going to do all I can to get this to a vote. We need to be able to keep Pete as PRESIDENT for as long as we can or until he's had enough. Under Pete's leadership the membership has grown alot. That includes both old members coming back and new members making their first trip to the I.T.A. Not only that; but Pete's integrity goes beyond his responsibilities as president. As president, he is the most unselfish member in the entire association. He even refuses to compete, which he is VERY capable of doing, simply because he wants others to win awards and refuses to compromise his position by competing. How unselfish is that?? Don't we ALL go there to compete, learn, and boost our own ego's a little? Petey is always on the spot to resolve issues, promote the ITA in the best way possible, and is finally learning to deligate some of the work load to his VERY abled staff of board members. However, if Pete didn't have a board to work with, he would try to do it ALL by himself. In addition to all that, the ITA funds have increased under Pete's leadership. And, we know where next years show is going to be a year in advance. It hasn't always been that way either. SO, BEFORE I Close this post, if you receive a ballot in the mail, or just how this process has to be done, PLEASE TAKE NOTE: We need the bylaws changed in order to keep Petey around as long as we can. The ITA needs Pete!!

10. Mark in IL

Mark in IL New Member

Hi Pete,

And thank you for a great show. The wall boards were packed with mounts this year. I think next year I might bring something to set on one of the tables also. I met a lot of great people too.

11. tanner5

tanner5 New Member

Thanks everyone for your kind words, and yes it was another fine show, but I would like to say that it was not because of me that it turned out that way, Missouri Creek is right when he said that there is a lot of behind the scene work that is done to have good show, and 90% of that is done by our board, and willing members. As far as trying to change our by-laws...... I myself believe that any organization needs term limits for their officers, if for no other reason, just to protect the organization. There are many people within our organization that could take the presidents office and do just as good if not better. The ITA is growing, and with growth comes changes. I am proud of ITA and its members and will still remain a part of it, no matter what, so I would not try to change anything in our by-laws.

And by the way Mark in Illinois, bring one for the wall and a table mount!

12. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Well, there you have it folks, right out of the horses mouth, so to speak. What a guy! Pete it is such a blessing to have you at the helm of this organization. You bring to it the intergrity of a saint. And yes, the board is a great group of guys and gals that I'm sure would bend over backwards to help you in any way they can. I get the chance to go to other state conventions and am proud to say; we have a solid association compared to most. And yes every state has talent, but seldom to the degree that is found right here. I think that stems from the unselfish sharing that goes on with our senior members to anyone who comes with a desire to learn. I am so proud of where the ITA is today and feel fortunate to be a member. It is TRUELY a group of caring individuals that makes it what it is. It's a family atmosphere, and one that welcomes everyone with open arms.

13. erik1

erik1 New Member

The ITA is no doubt a great organization! The ITA is on the rebound from a few down years and we have to remember who brought the ITA back. Its members! Pete was president at the time of the rebound but our mebers coming to the shows and opening up their wallets got the ITA back on its feet. We are not an organization looking to have the biggest checking account so I forsee some great things coming to our membership. No matter who is president our members and board will work together to keep this as one of the best organizations! As Pete said our senior members helping and sharing at our shows is one of the best ways to learn at our shows. Not to mention the wonderful judges we bring in. Just talking to members like Jody Green, Jack Emery, Bob S., Carmen Helmer,(to name just a few) you will learn more than you could imagine. These type of people are there to chat and talk and share the knowledge that they have learned from others. This year I spent about 15 minutes looking at reference pics with Jody and was amazed at how much I learned about nose and lip anatomy. It will change my work forever! Our members will keep this organization strong and welcome anyone that wants to better themself as a taxidermist!

14. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Pete and the board has done a fantastic job. I would not object to increasing the presidents term by one year. It's usually best for the board to have term limits and have rotation so you have new ones learning the ropes while the experienced older members can guide them along. I don't think there is anything in the bylaws that would prohibit say a president running as a board member or other officer when his or her term limitation comes up.
    If the board makes a decision regarding by law changes it should be published ahead of the show so all members have a right to attend and vote.
    It's sad despite our best efforts, and most Taxidermists associations only represent roughly 10 or 12% of the licensed taxidermists in the state. Think of the legislative clout we could have with more members. Irregardless we enjoyed a great well organized show.
    I wish I could convince some of the newer know it all area taxidermists to come and see what quality work is and how they too can benefit from the seminars taught by world class taxidermists and even talking to our own membership.