1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First Gator

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by Missouri Creek Studio, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

A thanks to Mike Robers for his mounting tips and a good critique by Rick Krane at the Illinois Show, my first gator mount took a 2nd place in the Pro div.

2. Congrats on your gator,,I got a second place with mine last week at the S.C. show,,also a few other awards with it,but the main thing is,I learned alot..nice gator,,

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

So, that was YOUR gator. Nice job! I sure wish you would have introduced yourself. You were one of the guys I wanted to meet.

4. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Wow! that looks great! I still have yet to touch a gator. :eek: :(

5. mjroberts

mjroberts gator season will be here soon

congrats on the ribbon and glad I could help any time you have my number. The gator looks good would like to know what the judges had to say

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Oh!! Wait a minute I did meet you!! Da! Nice gator, I just didn't put the two together until now. Congrats!!

7. Yep, he and his wife were the ones that had MISSOURI CREEK TAXIDERMY STUDIO on their coats, man. LMAO I'll quite pickin' on you now

Awesome gator. I'm sure Rick knows the ins and outs of the lizards, but to me.......it looked phenomenal. Great job.

8. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Thanks for the encouragement guys ( i'm not really a Black Biuck Antleope). Mike I got dinged (acutaully Rick Krane was very helpful in his critique) I made the foot pads a little big and should have rebuilt some shrinkage around the gum line even though it was a CM mount and either completly glossed it or mudddied it up since it was depicted in a wet swamp scene,
    But I had the basic anatomy and behavior down.

9. ed150

ed150 deer city time

sweet