1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Training in michigan

Discussion in 'Training' started by Danny King, Mar 20, 2009.

1. I was wondering if there was anyone around the frankenmuth are about 30 min or so from there that would let me just set and watch and ask questions when mounting animals please pm me with anything you have
    Danny King

2. stuffenstuff

stuffenstuff Active Member

Ya know what's funny, I am about an hour and a half from you. I would not mind helping you, but, if you were only 1/2 hour from me I don't think I would.

3. Scrubby

Scrubby New Member

time is money even if conversating

4. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Check into joining the state assoc. Michigan Taxidermist Assoc.

They may be able to get you pointed in the right direction.

Check out the website. Best investment you will make.

5. http://www.michigantaxidermist.com/

6. Zane

Zane New Member

My brother and I went to the Northeast school of wildlife art Instructor Ralph Bolda. We had a great time and I talk to him from time to time. He is located in Alpen and will school one on one. Google his name and you should be able to find his number

7. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

I thought Ralph retired?

8. Zane

Zane New Member

From what I understand he did from the school and the shop. I did go through his new place at his house in June where he will do one on one. Serious iquiries only though.

9. whats that place charge at his home i did here he retired though

10. Zane

Zane New Member

I'm not sure what he would charge? You should google Ralph Bolda and the taxidermy info is there with his phone number. I haven't spoke to him since Jan. I would call him and ask. Know what you want and the time you have available. If you want game heads, fish, birds or all of them cause he will ask. Good Luck, I would also look into Mark Ditzel but he is pricey as well. But a great taxidermist.

11. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Mark is not too far from me. I did not know he was giving instruction.

Still the MTA is a smart way to go.

12. Zane

Zane New Member

Mark does offer training, if you check out his website he gives a break down and some prices. I'm from Jackson as well and stop in from time to time.

13. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Where at in Jackson? Me too!

14. Zane

Zane New Member

Four Seasons Taxidermy, I live on the edge of Vandercook, I work out of my garage. Last season was first year putting out business cards. This will be my third year at it. Where are you located?

15. Ted79

Ted79 Guest

Hello everybody! I novichek, but if I what can help, apply, will help with gladness. This time of den'gi. It is exactly said. But faithful decision - to use time rational.

16. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Just down the road in Napoleon.

17. Zane

Zane New Member

Jim Bass? or Trophy Mounts?

18. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Are you trying to be funny?

Wildside Outdoors

19. Zane

Zane New Member

seriously I wasn't trying to be funny, I never heard of ya yet. I do understand and I'm sorry. I had never met or seen much of Jims work, and I've met Wade at trophy mounts. You prob. never had heard of me either, so wierd there are way more taxidermists than you think.

20. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Are you a member of the MTA?