1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2 headed calf in the for sale section! :)

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Lisa M, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

Just making sure y'all see. :) I know they aren't crazy rare, but it's the first time I've seen one for sale here. ;)

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,141407.0.html

2. would be nice if he/she had pictures to go along with it.

3. Lisa M

Yes, it'd be nice, but I think that in this case, until folks get down to the brass tacks of sending money, pics aren't necessary. I tell you what though, IF I get to see it, you can bet your biscuits I'll take my camera! ;)

4. JerryH

JerryH New Member

Lisa,
    When I was a kid we went on vacation to Colorado and stopped at a museum that had a two headed calf on display but I can't remember where in Colorado it was. It had to be around the Colorado Springs area but not sure.

5. Lisa M

I know where a completed one is...don't know if the owner would be willing to sell it though...hmmmmmm...I do know it's just sitting in a basement right now...hmmmmmmm...he doesn't have the skull as far as I know...just the mount...might need to make a call...

That's the only one I've ever seen in person Jerry. I've seen other two headed things, but not recently dead. I'd love to see that calf...or would it be "those calves"? LOL

6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I doubt that the post is serious. The fellow has been logged in for a while tonight and hasn't bothered to reply to PM's. No email address for contact and no info in his profile. Scam maybe?

7. Lisa M

OH I hope not Sea Wolf! Maybe they haven't figured out how to use the forum?!? Here's hoping it's real & that I'll get to see it! :)

8. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

It would be nice to at least get a response to an offer ... :( One can hope still

9. Sea Wolf, you said a possible scam? Do those happen often on here?

10. Lisa M

God help us Craig...yes they do. I got taken for a bull elk cape. :mad: But, I think this calf is real. Fortunately, we have a few members that are really good at sniffing out and hunting down the habitual scammers. ;) If you ever have any questions about those that are selling/buying things, ask it out loud in the forum. Folks'll tell you if they've had good or bad dealings. ;)