1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fun Mount this was!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by mbt, Mar 21, 2009.

1. mbt

mbt New Member

This is a World Record size BlackBelly Rosefish we produced for our client. He caught the fish in 500 feet of water bottom fishing. We get some interesting mounts, It makes the job fun! Thanks guys for all the help with the photo download info., big pat on the back to my bud Travis! God Bless, David
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/img]

2. Cool fish man. Crazy.... but cool. Nice detail too. The eye looks like it glows.

I'm glad you got the picture part down pat. LOL

3. Brian

Brian Active Member

that looks awesome!

4. OutbackJack

OutbackJack Member

PA
    that looks really cool. You did a really good job on it

5. Love it................ ")

6. Wild looking fish. looks good.

J

7. akairman

akairman New Member

thats sweet. i've never even heard of that fish before. i'd love to do an unusual species sometime. you did a nice job. i'm sure he'll be very happy with it

8. GreenBullhead

GreenBullhead Peep peeep peep C:

Very nice~! I love the little scenary included. :D

9. mbt

mbt New Member

Thank you for the positive comments. It is a labor of love when you work on your client's trophy. The scenery is a compacted sand marl from south Florida. I clear coat it heavy and set the mounts on clear acrylic rods. The shells are added and one additional coat of gloss is added. It makes a nice solid base and holds up very well. thanks again everyone. God Bless, David