1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Let's do a squirrel challenge?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Brian, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

I'm a birdman but i cant get my birds to look anywhere like the best on here do,so i was thinking lets do a squirrel challenge! i love doing squirrels and there are so many different poses. i would love to try at this. lets do a ribbon or little trophy or something for the winners.1st,2nd and 3rd. i don't know how to post pics on here so i would need help with this. anybody interested in doing this. lets get some ideas? lets all agree on a pose and a specie.or we could just any pose of any squirrel! i think this would be fun. all input would be appreciated. we'll leave the judging to the viewers here (poll).thanks, Brian Minnick

2. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

:DBrain,
    You can put me on the list , i am in to it , just keep me informed ok

Greatings Snowhare The Netherlands

3. Brian

Brian Active Member

oh great no were all going to lose.lol. as soon as i get an idea how to do this ill let you know! thanks

4. snowhare

snowhare New Member

??? ???

He Brain,

Do not worry i will mount it on a Monday morning , after a weekend of heavy drinking and smooking strange stuff

GR Snowhare

5. Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

I would be interested as well I have a squirrel in the freezer I have been meaning to get mounting anyway. But I spit a few of his toes when skinning so I got a little bit of extra fixing to do on him but I am game :)

6. buckmaster14

buckmaster14 Sometimes you get lucky...

im in. Just let me know the deadline.

7. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

sounds fun, I have two fox squirrels. I will be looking for the details.

8. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

Count me in!. Ive got a squirrel lost in the freezer...This will give me good motivation to get him mounted up.

we could judge based on 3 parts, the squirrel itself, the pose you choose, and the overall display....such as what its mounted to or on...habitat etc....

9. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Oh,

And please be so kind to let every body mount a Squirrel in that they like, ore one that comes from an other Country than the States PLEASE

Otherwise i am FFFFFFFFFFFFFT, WE DO NOT HAVE GRAYS AND FOX AND REDS

10. Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

Count me in also I have one I need to do shortly!!! Josh

11. Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

WOW, there is a lot more interest then I thought there would be this should be pretty fun

12. cht

cht New Member

OK can I play. I have a tree rat and already bought the form 2 years ago. LOL!!!

13. Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

talk about putting it off ha ha ha ha

14. cht

cht New Member

Yes I really needed someone to start a squirrel challenge

15. pberry

pberry Member

Get it started, soooo here ya go!![​IMG]

16. Gooter

Gooter My Taxidermy Assistant

Sounds like a great idea. I've got a bunch in the freezer...if I can just put away the lambs and goats for a while and get one mounted!

17. Brian

Brian Active Member

this is cool alot of people interested. i see that there will be some nice looking ones for sure. allot of talent here so this will be a real challenge. OK. so how much time does everyone need to order forms ,prep squirrel etc , etc, lets all agree on a date. how about April 13,2009. basically three weeks. does that work?

snowhare, anybody from any country and any specie squirrel is totally fine with me.I love your work and I'd love to see what you choose. your work is top notch. I cant wait.

18. Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

I have the Ohio convention this weekend but I will unthaw my squirrel and get a form ordered for it before and get it mounted right after the show. What kind of pose you thinking?

19. Brian

Brian Active Member

you can do any pose you like. to be honest i have a few poses in mind. then again theres so many to choose from its hard to say. I'm going to include habitat. I encourage all to add habitat.

20. Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

cool deal