1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Let's do a squirrel challenge?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Brian, Mar 22, 2009.

1. pberry

pberry Member

Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

i mean scrapeing up the $ not scapping ,,,,you know get the money together

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

do you guys wanna start one month from today. im ordering my supplies tomm. thanks

it would be nice to do things personalized. Im in!

3. fougair

fougair New Member

Let the people do the judging .Anyone viewing could check off a survey or vote of somekind.

4. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Sounds good brian I like the personal thing as well I am in.

5. dbmickle

dbmickle New Member

I wont compete... But I cant wait to watch this unfold!

6. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

looks like you had a nice day in the field or blind there dbmickle :eek: this years hunt?

7. Gooter

Gooter My Taxidermy Assistant

Last year in the bird section they put together an "Avian challenge" http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,92229.0.html
    that was a hit, and I'm not sure how they got the ribbons and stuff done...but you could peruse the thread and find out. I need a few weeks to get my plate cleared enough to put something together, but it sounds like that is the time frame?? A month? It really is a great/fun idea!
    Eileen

8. Cameraman

Cameraman Member

I will donate to the cause post where to send it to $5

9. pberry

pberry Member

If everyone agrees that i can be trusted, it can be send to my paypal account or sent in the mail, that is if everyone wants me to handle the awards part but PEOPLE SPEAK UP and remember we only need enough $ to cover the cost, this isn't a money making deal. Lets communicate on it everyone.

10. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

is the $75 just for the 1st place plaques or does it cover 2nd and 3rd plaques as well?

11. pberry

pberry Member

$75 total 1st. 2nd. and 3rd. a wood backboard with engraved gold lettering on gloosy black plate on the front these would be really nice and descriptive as to what they are for

12. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

With all the people that are interested or said they would do it so far that would be 4.41 per person but I say just 5 per person or 4.50 what ever you prefer

13. snowhare

snowhare New Member

That seems fine with me , and thaks for all you effort in this thing , the only problem is that i am from The Netherlands , and i dont have Paypall , so how the
    do i send you the money than.

Today i wrapped the body for my litle Siberian Squirrel , and i tell you it wil be , yup i wont tell you!_____________________________________________________________________

14. bell4252

bell4252 New Member

Count me in dude, sounds like fun!!!

15. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

that drops it to 4.16 a person

16. dbmickle

dbmickle New Member

I had a field last year that was absolutely dynamite. My in-laws field, so we could dig our layouts down... 5 of them (lots of work, but well worth the effort) And a nice little pheasant patch that we pushed at the end of the day. Same field that my wife doubled on her first (and only) canadas!

17. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

sweet

18. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

So what is everyone thinking do you want to do the plaques or not? Do you want to pay for them before or after the challenge? My form was sent today so should have it by Monday or Tuesday. I think we are all happy with the start date of April or at least that was my understanding correct me if I am wrong. So after April I say no one else can participate after that deadline and thats when everyone participating sends there money to pberry for the plaques what do ya think of that?

19. Brian

Brian Active Member

i placed my order today. should have 3-5 days. lets make the start date in 3 weeks. that would be April 16th. does that work. lets make the deadline for participants April 1st. I'm in for the 5.00. let me know where to send the funds. anyone know how to set up the poll for judging. also need someone responsible for putting the pics on here. i cant figure out how to post pics.this will be fun.

20. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Sounds good to me Brian. I need an address as well for the funds. Brian you can E-mail me if you want with your pics and I can post them for you [email protected]