1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Let's do a squirrel challenge?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Brian, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Carl R.

Carl R. New Member

Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

Sounds good to me. I'll pitch in.

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

sounds great. thanks for helping me out with the pictures. i cant wait to see snowhares squirrel. that guys work is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

3. pberry

pberry Member

pay-pal is [email protected] kind of hard to type so let me break it down for ya [email protected] or mailing adress is Paul Rasberry 664 Broadmoor Ct. Grimesland N.C. 27837 if you go pay-pal just add message of who you are and what it is for, i will keep a detailed log of who has sent $ and when it was received. Now i'm thinking that you don't have to send money to participate what do ya'll think yes or no? However i do think we should raise the $ before the challenge ends at least and everyone can see what they are ''playing'' for and to keep the non-placing participants from not sending the money. I will keep close enough tabs on it to inform everyone when we have enough $ and maybe a little extra to cover shipping of the plaques, expecially if one has to be shipped to the Netherlands....

4. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

berry I will send a paypal payment to you on monday when I get back from the OTA

5. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

Sounds good. I think $5 per person regardless of how many participants (assuming there will be more) will allow enough money for the plaques and the shipping of them.

6. snowhare

snowhare New Member

He Brian,

You know that sommetimes , my work sucks , i dont know if it is the weather ore just not my day , who can tell!!

But this Squirrel that i will mount , i am gooing for a 150% input , order the moost epxensive eyes on the market , and lets hope that it will come out just right

Oh yes there is a small catch , maby i ll do a Black Squirrel from Romania , also very nise critters , ore maby i ll do 2 off them , you ll see it soon enough

PS THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS REGARDING MY WORK

GR Snowhare

7. Cameraman

Cameraman Member

Paul I couldn't get the Paypal thing so I just sent it snail mail. Thanks for takeing the lead and doing this it will be cool even if I don't compete.

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

i will send my 5.00 tomorrow. i doubt i'll even place in this contest but it will be fun. Ive done tons of gray squirrels and a few blacks but this is my first red squirrel. but i plan to give it hell.lol. i hope someone does a Albert's . there my favorite.

9. pberry

pberry Member

Is this idea dying or what? Everyone seemed real interested at fist then we really start trying to put something together and need a little money to do so and now there is only a few interested. lets go ahead and get something in stone, if you are interested and want to participate with the $5 in mind then lets get a real ist started, or if everyone wants to scratch the whole 1st, 2nd, 3rd, place thing and just post picks of squirell mounts that will be fine also, my main concern is for everyone to have fun and enjoy the art,i will have right much time invested in this, which is fine but only if this is what everyone wants.. I don't want only a few interested and not collect enough $ for the cause and then have to return $ to several different people because of lack of interest. just seems like a waste of time if this be the case. ALL INTERESTED PARTIES, GET ON BOARD AND LETS TALK IT OUT!!!!!

10. K Kave

K Kave New Member

is there enough people? I think this would be intresting

11. K Kave

K Kave New Member

I hope we do this count me in

12. pberry

pberry Member

I went through the posts on this subject and it appears we have 18 people that say they want to participate.Lets get it all finalized ,set the rules and date deadline. Don't let not being able to posts pics stop you cause someone can post for you or we can walk you through it.IT'S $5 ,Thats less that a whopper value meal.

13. Carl R.

Carl R. New Member

Are we still running two different classes, or just one?

14. pberry

pberry Member

just one but nothing is for sure, there are only 3 awards in the making so i would say just one open class

15. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

P berry count me in Ill send you some dough this week. Ive got a few to mount.

16. pberry

pberry Member

So far it sounds like we have a commettment from Brian,Pberry,J Seiler, Dc taxidermy,and Cameraman, best i can tell these people have said the word that they were sending money in some shape or form,, thats 5 out of almost 20 interested parties

17. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Pbery,

I explaned , i do not have paypall , so inform me where do you want me to send the money to,
    if i send it in an envelope that will coast me about 4 dollars to send airmail , so let me know what other options i have

AND MABY I CAN SEND MY MOUNTED SQUIRREL TO ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO HAVE IT AS A GIFT I MEAN , IS THAN AN OPTION HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. pberry

pberry Member

on this subject page 5 and the forth post is pay-pal acct. info and also a mailing adress, in snowhare's case i say just waiver the $5 because of the overseas thing if not then it sounds to me like snowhare will have $9 invested in this thing, i don't mean for people to start tripping i just want to get it going if we are to do it, thats all.

19. snowhare

snowhare New Member

P Berry,

Thank you for this very nice offer , i have to say that , maby the best thing for me would be getting out , because you know what other taxidermist will say about a thing like this thoose Europeen taxidermist get it for free , that was not my intention here

I will wach from a distace maby , dont want to feel guilty here , hope you understand that

gr Snowhare

20. Candace

Candace my First deer 07

i thought it was going to be free
    just to have some fun
    we do not have to have awards
    if it is free i am in
    if it cost me money I am out