1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Let's do a squirrel challenge?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Brian, Mar 22, 2009.

1. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

I am all in for the plaques but if it is going to make people drop out and not participate then I say lets just do it for fun. Let me know what your thinking as for I will send ya 5 on Monday

2. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I currently have a nice red squirrel in the freezer and a Pine squirrel that I shot a couple days ago.. Only problem is the pine squirrel has no head??? I think he was a tad close when I dropped the hammer on it so either a replacement head or a different squirrel.. LMAO< I thiink I will use the red squirrel in the second pic..

Are we still doing this contest? If so let me know ASAP so I can order some materials..

Hey snowshoe, any chance you would like to sell one or two of them european squirrels wiht the long ears?

Hoytman

3. pberry

pberry Member

on page 1 the awards idea came up and on page two i jumped in to help, nothing is in stone just everyone involved needs to speak up, yes we can do it for fun or we can have awards too. i didn't know when the awards came into the picture that the fun goes out the window, is it not still fun??? sharing each others work is the whole idea with the awards in it to make you want to try extra hard. If everyone wants to drop it over $5 then done , drop it like it's hot.. forget any deadlines and just start posting pics thats cool with me, i just thought i saw a need and wanted to fill it , thats all

4. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

I kinda worded that wrong I didn't mean it to sound like the awards are going to make it less fun because I think it will be fun either way we do it. If people are going to drop out because of the cost then it will no be as exciting. Either way is fine for me we just need to get it figured out. April 1st is what we decided on as a cut off date for participants and April 16th is what we have decided on a start date unless this has changed I don't know I have been at the Ohio show this weekend and kinda lost track.

5. Brian

Brian Active Member

im still in. april 1 st deadline, april 16th start posting pics. we need to create a new post on the 16th with a poll for people to judge the work.one class. im in for 10.00 for me and snowhare. snowhare please play as i know your skills and i want to see your squirrels. i guess with all the money we send in if it dont cover enough for a plaque we'll just do the ribbons and you keep the change for your time involved. as long as others sending in money are cool with it. i never have competed and rarely will ever get the time to go to a comp. i thought for 5.00 this would be fun.

6. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Hey Paul, I apologize .. I expressed an interest and then didn't get back with you. I've given it some thought, and I'm gonna be lucky if I can get my entry done for world show in time .. so I'm not sure I'm going to have time to do this. I have several customer squirrels I'll be doing over the next couple weeks, but they're nothing fancy (as far as pose/base) and I don't think I would really consider them strong pieces in any type of competition. I would be glad to post them though, just for people to see.

7. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

you should have my payment now Pberry sent to ya by paypal let me know if you did not get it thanks

8. pberry

pberry Member

got $5 from Jseiler thanks,also from a bone painter, K Kave, Josh K .Carl R, DC Taxidermy with a $10 donation ,Cameraman Brian,Snowhare, Shedego ,Lightsout, Bell4252 and of course pberry we are up to $72 now i will keep updating this post as things come in , some of these people may want to pm me and i will insert you username instead of the name i get from paypal, its hard to match you up, i realize some may have used a friend or wife ect.'s account to send payment, nothing in the mail yet but i'll be on the look-out Thanks

9. bone_painter

bone_painter "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

I'd like to get in on this as well. I'll paypal my entry fee in. Not sure if I'll actually be able to have a squirrel done by the 16th, but I'll give it a shot. I have a nice Alaskan squirrel that I got from akben.
    It would be cool to do more of these competitions periodically, but maybe with more advanced planning. For example, announce the challenge on, we'll say, the 1st of May. Folks have until May 31st to sign up for it & send in their entry fees, and then entries will be posted on June 15th. That gives more people a chance to hear about the contest, and more time to plan their mount. It would also be nice to have a novice and a professional class, and maybe just go with ribbons... then at the end of the year, all of the first place entries can be entered in a "best all around mount" contest, with a plaque award. I don't know if any of that would work or if it would interest anyone... Once I get started thinking about something I can't stop :D

10. K Kave

K Kave New Member

Just sent the money pay pal lets do this

11. snowhare

snowhare New Member

He Brain,

Thanks man , i ll make it up to you some day .

PS my Squirrels are done , just left them to dry , and than finnish them

12. Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

I sent money paypal today!!

13. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Holly crap snowhare I haven't even received my form yet lol

14. pberry

pberry Member

keep a check on next to last post on page six to keep up with $ coming in so far

15. snowhare

snowhare New Member

;D ;D ;D

He J Seiler,

I make my own models remember i wrap that , that is no more that 10 minnutes of work , so i dont have to whait for the darn models u use

Looking forward seeing al the beautifull mounts here , just put the black one on a tine litlle twiggy

gr Snowhare

16. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

oh ya I forgot you wrapped all your stuff

17. Carl R.

Carl R. New Member

Just sent my $5.00 through paypal.

18. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

So I understand, if you send money your in and if you dont your out?

19. Brian

Brian Active Member

all can participate .

20. Brian

Brian Active Member

moneys on the way!