1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Let's do a squirrel challenge?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Brian, Mar 22, 2009.

1. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

Ok I got my squirrel prepped and ready to mount, just waiting for my order to get here, should be here Friday or Monday. I would like to send some money but I don't have a paypal account, so could some one pm me the address to where I can send a check, thank you.

2. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

PBerry money sent .

3. pberry

pberry Member

WOW!!! DC Taxidermy sent $10,,, he must be really expecting to get one of those plaques, watch out!!

4. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Hey there,

How do you want the pictures , mine are don , and will spray them this weekend , so you need like closeups , from the head , overall , pictures from the fromt /back , and left side and right side

Just keep me informed ok

GR Sn

5. dc taxidermy

I had a little extra, figured I'd send it to make sure this gets going. I wouldn't want someone not to take part because they were a little short on cash, thats all.

6. dc taxidermy

Dang snowhare, mine arn't even thawed out yet.

7. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Still looking for a replacement head.. LMAO

8. Cameraman

Cameraman Member

everyone is invited to do it pay or not it is just fun!

9. snowhare

snowhare New Member

:D :D :D :D

Yup , you always must have tanned skins in stock , so than you can do thing faster .

I have like tons of hides every where in my shop, so it was eazy picking for me

Hane fun with your Squirrels than ,

10. dc taxidermy

I'll start laying mine out tonight, Mount tomorrow. Week to dry. Day to finish.

11. pberry

pberry Member

we are up to $55 now, almost there !! almost believe are are about to do this, I'll go ahead and submitt the layout for the plaques to the trophy guy and get them going but those that are waiting around for the rest to donate the $$, remember your donation may be the one we are waiting on. Really interested to see how many mounts are entered when it is all said and done.

12. pberry

pberry Member

Make that $60 now, remember i am updating the next to last post on page six as things change

13. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

I just mailed a check for $7.00 this morning, so you should be getting it 2 to 3 days.

14. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

My Fox squirrel is already to go I will be mounting it up tomorrow. I had to tan this one because I was out of DP and did not feel like going anywere or ordering anymore so I just tanned it instead. I test fitted it and it is fitting like a glove can't wait to see everyones squirrels. Good luck to everyone

15. K Kave

K Kave New Member

mine is mounted also waiting to dry and on to finish work how many pics do we need ?

16. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

I would say 4 shots, front, back, and both sides. And 3 close up shots, front, and Both sides of the face. This is just a suggestion

17. dc taxidermy

Mine are in the tan as we speak. Should get mounted today, Hopefully.

18. bone_painter

bone_painter "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

Mine's in the tan also. I've been putting togeter my base bit by bit as well, while waiting for the squirrley to be ready for mounting ;D

19. pberry

pberry Member

mine is in the pickle also, does the hair on all squirrell tails stay lose untill they dry .? i notice this whith dp and with tanning, i'm not talking about slipping, just lose hair, i know they pull their hair from their tail to line their nest, do we need to talk about judges for the challenge or will we just take poll??

20. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

not sure about the tail but I think we should just take a poll