1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Let's do a squirrel challenge?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Brian, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

no judges , just a poll!

2. pberry

pberry Member

i was pmed with suggestions on who we should ask to judge so just passing it along..... theres your answer

3. pberry

pberry Member

we will be up to $67 when the last $ i was notified about is recieved getting real close now.. $13 away still need a few more participants,,,,,,that are willing to donate ,that is, remember as posted earlier the $75 gets the plaques made we will still have shipping cost to the winners to cover so we still need more donations, don't stop yet.

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

how many pics should we do. ideal would be front , back,both sides, top. what do you guys think?

5. pberry

pberry Member

yeh, top,sides,front,and back i think close-ups of eyes and mouth/nose are a must possibly a foot, i feel these will be the problem areas, then we can help each other correct our mistakes

6. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

I took some pics of my squirrel today to look at them on my computer and I have to say I don't think it looks half bad for my second squirrel. I can see a few problems that I don't like but I decided to leave it alone before I really screw it up lol. April 16th is just around the corner can't wait to see everyones squirrel's

7. Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

perry count me in, ill send monet by end of week

8. Re: lets do a squirrel challenge?

Here's my Squirrel but I think my Bondo ears are a little thick. What do you guys think? ;)
    Seriously..someone might could use a good reference.
    [​IMG]

9. pberry

pberry Member

i hope we get enough money in time to give the man time to make the plaques, you know these things are not just sitting on the shelf at his store. Seems to me interest is dying , at least donation speaking

10. Brian

Brian Active Member

just have him still do them if it comes up short ill help pay the reaming balance or all of it.

11. pberry

pberry Member

will do , i'll see him in the morning

12. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

April 16th is the start date...did we decide when it will end?

13. Brian

Brian Active Member

actually i havent. want to do it for 5 days?

14. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Hey there
    I just want to warn you for the CRAPPY photographs i will post here , due to the fact that i have an old camera , i recieved it by a 6pack , made in India ore sommethin .

So now you are warned about it , i ll try my very best to get some good shots of my little Squirrel

See them soon , it will take me aweek to finish it and make the habbitat .[i hope i am very buissy here]

GR sn

15. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

I think 5 days is too short, april 16th is 10 days away and most people are waiting on their forms to arrive. Plus it takes time to dry befor finish work can be done... plus habitat etc....

snowshoe, cant wait to see it!!

16. Brian

Brian Active Member

shed ego, im just going off of what the bird guys have done. the voting and viewing gets played out real fast and after 5 days it seems the voting comes to a hault. i dont care how long its on for but we cant even get everyone to come up with 5 bucks so why keep this going for a long time. i figure mount your squirrel, post pics on the 16th, 5 days later the polls will announce who had the coolest squirrel and its over! im all ears!

17. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

I'm with you sweethart Five days is quick. I'm running two shops at once, time is minimal, Mine are still in the tan. I'll try and finish the body tonight. get it mounted tomorrow. Yea snowhare I can't wait to see either.

18. Brian

Brian Active Member

you realize im saying the contest will only be voted for 5 days right. im not saying to start in 5 days.its still the 16th.

19. dc taxidermy

Eddie that squirel looks very Lifelike. LOL

20. dc taxidermy

Brian I'm with ya, Just some might not be ready by the 16th. Mine will, but like shed said some are still waiting on their forms. I'm makeing my own, but some don't have that option.