1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

North Carolina Taxidermists Association Convention 2009

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Mar 24, 2009.

1. pberry

pberry Member

Re: NCTA Congrats

bok,bok,bok,babok i can feel the feathers popping out of me now!!!

2. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

LOL ;D

3. Eric N

Eric N New Member

Feathers popping out huh, be careful James might mount you.

4. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

My first competition is something I'll always remember. I felt more at home at the NCTA show than any other I've been too.....

Thanks to all at the NCTA for making this old Ohio boy feel at home!! It was my first competition and one I'll always remember. I met a lot of taxi-netters there as well as a lot of new friends. The seminars were top notch, as were the judges. I was nervous about my strutter being judged by Mr. Whitehead, and my kudu by Mr. Vanderburg! I as well, after Mr. Vanderburg's seminar, thought I was screwed in a big way. Not the case. Both judges were very fair and offered great critiques. Melissa was a big help to me in pre-registering and a great hostess! John Cranford was a big help as well! Hats off to the whole crew....Page Nethercutt,Chris Barnhardt,B. Stillwell,EJ...great job. To anyone I mised, Sorry!! I will be back.....can't wait.

If you want to feel at home, you should attend the NC show in the future!! Talk about a blast. If you NC guy/gals can, come on up and check out the Ohio show. PM me if you need any info, and I'll do my best. Thanks again for everything!! Ron

5. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

Ron,

The pleasure was all ours. Thanks to you and your son for driving down. Might just take you up on that offer to visit you at your show.

6. Kittrell Hill

Ron I really enjoyed meeting you and your son. Your mounts were beautiful and you did really well for your first competition alot better than I did my first time. I hope you will come back and maybe some of us NC guys can get together and Go to the Ohio show I know we would have fun there. ;)

7. Re: Few Pics from the NCTA

Great job everyone!!! The mounts really are awesome this year. Sorry I missed this years show, but I'll be at the next one.

Scott

8. Kittrell Hill

Re: Few Pics from the NCTA

Hey Scott I was asking Keith about you at the show I told him I miss seeing your deer at the show because they are always awesome. Hope to see you next year :)

9. Re: Few Pics from the NCTA

Scott ,you have been on your honeymoon for a year now. We all miss you.

10. Re: Few Pics from the NCTA

Thanks for the compliment and way to go on your blue ribbon! After seeing everyone steping up their game, I may leave the deer alone and stick to freeze dried box
    turtles. lol

11. Re: Few Pics from the NCTA

Keith, honeymoon is not over yet and isn't it passed your bedtime? lol...... I miss seeing everyone too, but ill be back next year.

12. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

Thanks so much Steve and David for posting pics from the NCTA show. Thanks for posting both my fox(s) and the spider. I very much enjoyed being around all of you this past weekend. Now to start getting ready for Surry..........

13. Kittrell Hill

Thanks Scott I would have to say I was very happy to finally see a blue on one of my deer but he don't compare to the ones you mount ;) I sure glad your in the Masters ;D

14. Kittrell Hill

Your foxes were beautiful Donna and enjoyed getting to see you this weekend. Hopefully I'll be at Surry this year.

15. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Donna you can call me Hoss...lol

16. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

Hey Steve, tell your wiffie that she makes great cookies! :-*

Hosavid....ugh I just have trouble saying your handle ;) Thanks for the wine, I'm saving it for the holidays ;D

17. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

That name makes me sound like a terrorist...lol

Stay home when drink that wine It might put you on your ass...In a good way...lol

18. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

what about Davoss? ;D

19. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC

Scott you may want to leave turtles alone with the way McKenzie Matthews paints turtles. 10 years old and blew all of the adults out of the water.
    Hoss if you would like to be our official camera person I can see to it that you get time in the room alone to take pics, just let me know if you would like the job. John

20. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC

Great job everyone sorry I had to leave in such a hurry Saturday night. Look forward to seeing you all again soon. John