1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

first fox. (pedastal)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by mitchson1, Mar 25, 2009.

1. mitchson1

mitchson1 New Member

this is th efirst mammal i have ever mounted besides a squirrel. please critique. i just finished him so i can try and fix the errors yall tell me.
    thanks
    mitchson

2. mitchson1

mitchson1 New Member

more

3. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Ears need work they are slid to far down the side of his head especially his right ear, ear butts should not extend past the back corner of his eye Its hard to tell from the rest need close ups of his eyes and what not but looks good for your first. You may want to back brush him a little bit to to fluff him up a bit more

4. I can't see it very well because there are so many pins!!! ??? LOL

5. muscle20

muscle20 New Member

As J Seiler and Josh K say.

6. costco man

costco man New Member

I think you for got a few pins, it needs two or three more and it will be perfect. LOL Doug

7. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

If you must use pins I would recommend using an insect pin or something with a smaller diameter those pins will leave holes when the hide is dry and will be a pain to fix just a thought.

8. mitchson1

mitchson1 New Member

ok thanks everyone. i now know not to use pins.

9. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

no one told you not to use them. you just need to use alot smaller pins. JSeiler is right. the ones you have now will leave large whole when they dry. the other comment about the pins was to tell you that we can't see alot of detail about the fox because ther are so many pins in it. not bad for your first try. fix the ears as mentioned above and move to alot smaller pins. Reference, Reference, Reference!