1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Beginners wanting to start a taxi-business

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by bhymel, Mar 26, 2009.

1. bhymel

bhymel Member

Do you think that they have any idea what it takes to have a successfully part time business. Dont even speak about fulltime.
    Are their really people out there with 5 yrs experience , that have a full time business,I'm not talking about someone living with mom & dad, I'm talking married ,kids ,mortgage, car notes the whole shbang .I started in 1981, just for the love of our trade,i think like most of us i had elderly uncle who piddled with it and that keened my intrest. 27 years later still part time, with all the work i can handle ( part time) but know where near what it would take to quit my job and go full time . I think about this often, most of my work comes from the average Joe, very few high end clients I'm talking African type work.
    Back to my point Are they really people out there with even 10 yrs experience making a living at this.

Just wondering,
    Billy

2. rj9289

rj9289 Buck the system, be an individual, be who you are.

to answer your question......yep!

3. Dean

Dean New Member

Yes, But....It depends on how good you are and how you promote yourself and your business and how committed you are to the business. If it's part time how many available hours can you manage and put into it and away from your family. Don't try to get work away from other taxidermists in your area by charging low prices. Let your work speak for yourself. If you are a good business person and good taxidermist then it can happen.

4. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Member

I think it also depends on where you are at. Here in WI, there seems to be so many Taxi's that I don't know how any of them can make a full time thing out of it. I give tons of credit to the one's that do, but it has got to be tough, around here anyway.

5. Lenny

Lenny New Member

No, people are holding on to their money and cutting back on everything thats not needed.

6. mjsandt

mjsandt New Member

if you doubt yourself, dont bother trying

7. well now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what i would do is limnit myself to the part time thing . UNTILL you have so much stuff in the frezzer what people are starting to complain.. morg. kids. wife. car loans , hummmm!!! do the math your making it now and the taxi biz depends on the eco. of obommmmmma.your prez. and he is not making friends from what ive heard. then, when your job fails you can stay working at the taxi. if the people that your doing the work for are still employed.................... sorry about the bleak out look . its the sign of the times.. mark c

8. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Not if your prices are low.

9. Not if your prices are low.
    [/quote]
    Mr T you can bet my prices arnt low. in this throw away world its dog eats dog,,, If i cant get the price I DONT do the work let someone else have it. that is a fact... anyone that charges to little money for the work and skill that it takes should spend time deciding why they dont price the stuff for a profit.. becuase the form only cost 40.00 doesnt mean by the time your done with the mount it cant cost you as much as 90.00 in supply and elec. I hope some folks read this and wonder ... mark c