1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 3# Week# 26

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

A really big Hello from Hopkins Michigan. I’m on the road this week working on a very large fishy project. Our good friend Terry Weick aka Trashfish has graciously put up with me for a week. I learned about the auto body business this week and how it can apply to taxidermy. Terry is a gracious and most talented friend. I also want to say Hey to all my fellow Michigan Taxidermist Association Members who stopped by and helped out by bringing me things I had forgotten at my shop.

I know I say it ever week but it is so true! It is a wonderful place where we can come and share our work and be enjoyed for the efforts we make including me!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!

There was some really inspirational fish work last week I hope you all had a great week my friends and family of Fishheads!!! Let's start off with some Big time thanks to our great contributors this past week!!

Here's a big hats off to the contributors who shared their talents!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I thought I would start off this week with a few pictures from our great friend and frightenely talented contributor my friend and yours Dave (UFD) Campbell.
    The Pacific Northwest is rich with talent, the city of Tacoma shines ever so bright with the artwork of Dave Campbell. This week it’s my pleasure to share with you a few photos of a breathtaking original Golden Trout by Mr. Campbell himself.

I hope your week is productive and your freezers a bit lighter. Make money this week and be safe and enjoy your life and your gifts!

I hope you enjoy the week!
    So with out further ado let's get week # 25 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! #25! Enjoy!

I hope you enjoy this beautiful Golden Trout by Mr. Dave Campbell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Best!
    Your Friend
    Rick Krane

Have a great week!

2. Beautiful Golden Trout , Dave . Your work is so inspirational and such a work of art . You are truly, a very talented man .

3. here are a couple more crappie for me this week.... ;D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Only one word: beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!!!! :eek: :eek: Love that Golden Dave. Thanks. Ollie

5. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

UFD that has got to be one of the finest looking pieces......................................of driftwood I've ever seen. How did you get that fish to hold still for the picture like that. inspirational as always.

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Love the Golden Trout !

That is saweeeet !

Kerby...

7. den007

den007 Active Member

China rockfish replica. Rick Hardy has about the only ones I could find.

8. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

That goldie is STUNNING!!! What a piece of art!!

9. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

I'll post the fish I competed with in KS last week with the honorable Paul C judging. Anatomy, anatomy, anatomy!!! Thanks Paul.
    [​IMG]

10. mbt

mbt New Member

Nice work everyone!! This is a Northern Stargazer scene. This one weighed in at 8lbs. God Bless, David
    [​IMG][​IMG][/img]

11. mbt

mbt New Member

My Trout don't hold a candle to Dave's but I had fun with the whole job and my client was very satisfied when he picked it up. God bless, David
    [​IMG][​IMG][/img]

12. curtisholson

curtisholson New Member

Here's a 19 inch Brown skin mount I just finished.

[​IMG]

13. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

Great start guys...Here is a 30 inch walleye. Yeah, cheecks a little full. this was the indoors shot.

14. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

outdoor shot

15. TomL

TomL New Member

Here's a LMB skin mount I finished. Great fish so far everyone.
    [​IMG]

16. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

No fish taxidermy for me this week, but I thought I'd share some fishy artwork by a good friend and tattoo artist of mine. Here are a couple of pics of the brown trout that he did for me this weekend. I personally think they look great and will look better when the redness and swelling leaves and the real colors show through.

A BIG thanks goes out to Jeremy Hamrick at Thinkin' Ink in Morgantown, WV.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Perk

Perk Deuce, My grouse dog

Great work everybody! No fish for me this week. I'm stuck working on turkeys (Yuck).

UFD must have come to this planet on a UFO. No human could do work that nice.:)

18. of

of New Member

What a start this week, great stuff from everybody, but that golden trout is outstanding! Dave, you really know how to get a mount back to life!!
    My contribution for this week is an atlantic salmon skin mount. Custom casted head and painted eye. This guy had quite a bit of character from moving up the river. The skin at the front of the head was nearly completly gone by hitting stones all the time. I tried to keep this in the paint job.

Everybody have a great week!

Greetings from Germany

Oliver

19. Great week again everbody. Dave C., Dave S., Cory, Oliver & Chad.

Chad now thats my favorite. Cool tattoo man!!!!!!

20. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Here's a little Lake Ontario brown. Most of our Lake O browns are carrying lamprey scars and the client wanted this one to show as a "character scar"---gives a rather unique perspective on the whole invasive species issue.
    The more I use Jeff Lumsden's lenses the more I like them. I love the verstatilty and freedom you get with them. Thanks for a great product Jeff!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]