1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Saltwater Reproduction Training

Discussion in 'Training' started by SeaPro, Jan 14, 2007.

1. SeaPro

SeaPro New Member

Does anyone know of a school/trainer that teaches a specific class in saltwater repro's? I've checked out a lot of the school websites some offer reproduction training but I havent seen any that specialize in saltwater species. I'm a disabled vet and would like to use my Voc Rehab money to learn to do reproduction mounts.

2. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Hey Sea pro!

Are you looking to make reproductions and the art of molding or are you looking to paint the casts of them? I have a few suggestions You can email me and let me know or just post and answer and my self or other Can direct you. I personally have severed a few states Voc rehabs for students so I'm familiar with what they are looking for paper work wise. Who ever or what ever you decide I might be able to help you through this possess.

Best of luck in your persits!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry

3. SeaPro

SeaPro New Member

Rick,
    I'd like to start out with the finishing and painting of reproductions and when proficient with that, then start molding them myself. I would be finishing mainly saltwater species since I live in a coastal area and fish offshore 2-3 days per week. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.
    Ken