1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Delaware Taxidermists Association Competition 2009

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

September 12th through 13th, 2009
    (Rescheduled due to storm in May)
    The Delaware Taxidermists Association Competition [​IMG]
    Owens Station Shooting Preserve in Greenwood, Delaware
    Contact <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]">George Roof</A> at (302) 697-9606.

2. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

The Delaware Taxidermists Association is planning to hold it's annual competition on Saturday September 12 and Sunday Sept. 13 at the Owens Station Shooting Preserve in Greenwood, Delaware. Mounts will be accepted at noon on Saturday and must be claimed between 1 and 4 Sunday afternoon.

The competition will be in conjunction with the Annual QDMA Rendezvous. You do not have to join the QDMA to participate, but they will host a sporting clay shoot and a family picnic with all the barbecue beef and pork along with all the fixin's for a $60 entry fee.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Thank you Ken. Delaware is an NTA affiliate and you must be an NTA member to compete. You can join at the registration desk. We offer a reciprocal courtesy to other state associations and do not require that you join the DTA to participate. Our entry fees are $35 registration and $15 per entry. We will have Richard Christoforo judging the event and we will present the WASCO award, Polytranspar Award, Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Awards, along with specialty ribbons for Most Artistic, People's Choice and Judge's Choice.

4. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

george, one of these days i am gonna pack up a few mounts, ship em to your place and fly out there for your show, just to be a "good ole boy" and meet you and Richard. ;)

5. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

I may be able to get down on that weekend. ;)

6. dartondude

dartondude New Member

can i get NTA points at this show

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

You certainly can. The Delaware Taxidermists Association is an NTA affiliate and any points earned there will be forwarded to the NTA. Don't forget, registration starts this coming Saturday at noon until 4 p.m. and mounts must be reclaimed between 1 and 4 p.m. on Sunday afternoon. IF you come early Sunday, you can join QDMA, get a free all-you-can-eat barbecue with all the fixings and a free round of sporting clays OR 3D archery. This will get you registered for "participation awards of either a Benelli Vinci shotgun or a Mathews Reezen bow. There will be awards for class scores in both events as well as auction items to bid on.